Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Regis Cebu Leadership: Leader Izumi G. Yamashita, Genogram (revised)

Dear Prof. Jorge,

Please consider this as my revised/final Genogram submission. 

Thank you and happy new year!


Regis Cebu Leadership
Leader Izumi G. Yamashita
Genogram

MOTHER'S SIDE
A.      GREAT GRANDPARENTS – GRANDFATHER'S SIDE
Great Grandfather: Esteban Galdo (†)
-        My great grandfather from my grandfather's side is Esteban Galdo. He's a Barcelona, Sorsogon Bicol native born on August 3, 1916.
Papay, as we call him, hails from a family of farmers. Because of poverty, his parents were not able to afford to send him to school thus only reaching grade school without even finishing it.
At a very young age of 15, he braved going to Manila to look for a job in order to help his family. He worked as a projectionist or movie house operator in Frisco, Quezon City.
There he met his wife, Consolacion Ofalsa, who was then working as the movie house cashier. He was 24.
Papay was a legendary womanizer in our clan. In our family gatherings, everyone would often talk and laugh about Papay's misadventures with his mistresses and how Mamay would always catch and beat both Papay and his mistresses to death (of course, figuratively speaking).
Papay died on July 19, 1994 from prostate cancer. He was 78.
Great Grandmother: Consolacion Ofalsa (†)
-        Mamay is my great grandmother from my grandfather's side. She was born on September 23, 1918. Just like my Papay, she also hails from a family of farmers from the province of Sorsogon, Bicol.
Perhaps it's true that most people attract people of their same kind. Mamay is also just an elementary graduate. She moved to Manila when she was just 17 to look for a job to help her family.
When she was just 22, she met and married Papay. It took a while before they bore a child. Four years later, Mamay got pregnant with my grandfather. However, it was an ectopic pregnancy thus preventing them from having more children. Since my grandfather was born, Mamay decided to stay home fulltime to take care of him.
Mamay has an angelic face, but don't be deceived. She's one brave woman – like a tiger, which is why Papay couldn't get away with his womanizing. (haha)
She died on October 2, 2010 at the age of 92 from pneumonia.

 
B.      GRANDPARENTS – GRANDFATHER
(1)      Antonio Ofalsa Galdo (†)
My mom's father is Antonio Galdo or as everyone would call him, Tony. I call him Papa. He was born on May 23, 1944 in Sorsogon, Bicol.
Despite being an only child, Papa's parents still weren't able to afford sending him to school. Having only finished grade school, Papa worked as a projectionist as well and for a time, a jeepney driver.
Just like Papay, Papa was also one hell of a womanizer. As mama would describe him, he wasn't good looking but was extremely smart and charming. Papa may not have been able to reach high school, but he was extremely intelligent being a voracious reader. According to him, just because he wasn't formally educated enough, doesn't mean he has to stay ignorant.
Papa valued education so much because he knew how difficult it was to have none. Because of this, he was extremely hands-on with us when we started going to school. He made sure we were levels ahead of our peers and made sure we excelled in school. Whenever he has questions we couldn't answer, he'd literally put us upside down and get an answer out of us. Because of his focus on our studies, both Toni and I were honor students early on. Too bad, when I was 6, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and passed away at the age of 51.
C.       GREAT GRANDPARENTS – GRANDMOTHER'S SIDE
Great Grandfather: Eugenio Calderon Dimabayao (†)
-        My great grandfather from my grandma's side is Eugenio Calderon Dimabayao. I call him Lolo. He was born on January 20, 1922 in the province of Bicol. Also hailing from a family of farmers, my great grandfather also ended up to be one. Being really poor, his parents could not afford to send him to school which is why he only reached grade two. In order to help his family earn more, he was forced to help out in the farm very early on.
He met my great grandmother when he was 23 years old. My great grandma was only 16 then. She got pregnant with my grandmother forcing them both to elope. They had eight children altogether, however, two died just when they were babies.
My great grandfather was the typical grumpy, musculine, head of the family old man of the old times. He rarely showed emotions and was often stern.
Somewhere in the 1980's, he moved to Manila. He was already a widower then and all his children were already in Manila, which is why he decided to move. He lived in Fairview alone. He lived off planting vegetables and made money from poultries. In 1995, he was already 73 years old but he moved like a 50 year old man. Add to that his stern and grumpy personality, his neighbors were actually convinced he had an "anting-anting". One day, he welcomed his neighbors' invitation for some drinks. Intoxicated and convinced that Lolo indeed had an "anting-anting", the men got into a heated argument with him and murdered him by slasing his neck. He still made it to the hospital alive but eventually died not long after arriving. It was January 29, 1995.
Great Grandmother: Expectacion Monge Casyao (†)
-        My great grandmother from my grandma's side is Expectacion Monge Casyao. She was also a Bicol native and was born on December 29, 1929.
My great grandmother also hails from a family of farmers. Just like my great grandfather, they were really poor thus preventing her family from sending her to school. She only reached Grade 3 and was sent to live with her Aunt because her family could no longer support her.
She got pregnant at a very young age of 16. Having to care of seven children, she stopped working and stayed home as a housewife while my grandfather survived them all through farming.
She was also a stern figure of authority. She was a disciplinarian who rarely showed love and emotions.
                  My great grandmother died of leukemia at a very young age of 48.
D.      GRANDPARENTS – GRANDMOTHER'S SIDE
(1)             Zenaida Dimabayo Galdo
Everyone calls her 'Aida'. I call her 'Mama'. She's my grandmother.
Mama is the eldest in her family and was born on October 27, 1945 in Iriga City Bicol.
At a very young age of six, she was already forced to take care of her younger brother because at that time, her mother already gave birth to their third sibling. At that age, she was also forced to learn how to do house chores including cooking, washing clothes, cleaning the house, doing the dishes, feeding their pigs, cows, and chickens, fetching water from the spring which is a good 30-minute hike each way.
Because of poverty and because they had several other mouths to feed, my grandmother only finished grade school. This was also because elders in the province back then believed that sending women to school is a waste of time and is not needed because when they get married, all they'll ever be able to do is take care of the children and the household.
She was even lucky to be able to set foot in a school. The only reason she got to study was because her grandparents (her mother's side) took her with them to the city. However, when she graduated grade school, her parents wanted her back because they needed help in the farm and in taking care of the younger siblings.
When she was 18 years old, she moved to Manila to try her luck in the city. She studied dressmaking and eventually got a job in one of the popular designers back then. In 1966, she met my grandfather and not long after got pregnant with my mom. She was 21 years old. Because she and my grandfather both had to work, she sent my mom back to the province, to be taken care of by my great grandmother.
Just like her parents, my grandmother was one strict guardian. She was always mad and always found screaming over the smallest things convenient. It's a no brainer that she got this from them. I guess this is also because of the responsibility placed on her shoulders at a very young age.
Mama also had this mentality that we can never reason out or answer back to older people and that did not sit well with me. I guess that's the thing with today's generation. If we know we are right, we will push it until proven wrong. Otherwise, we won't just sit here taking every older person's word as it is even if we know it's wrong. This was often the cause of our arguments which damaged our relationship for several years.
That's how they were all raised back then so that's how she wanted to raise us too. I figured, if it were my mom raising me, she's probably going to be more reasonable. Then I realized, that's probably what we call generation gap.
As we got older, she learned how to let go. She saw we were smart enough to make our own decisions and eventually became a cooler person. Now, she's a completely different person. She's very cheerful and even malambing at times. Just a few years back she also learned how to say "I love you", "thank you", and "sorry"; things she never used to recognize. I guess it also comes with having no stress, especially financially.
With no husband to stop her and no children to take care of, my grandmother is now a full-time church servant, foodie, adventure seeker (like hiking, snorkelling, and caving!), and jet-setter (haha) at a strong age of 70! She's extremely vain too which is why she only looks 60. ;)
Oh and Mama is a great singer and dancer too!
(2)             Jerry Dimabayao Sr.
Lolo Jerry is the second in my grandmother's family. Born on July 24, 1948, he's only two years younger than Mama.
                   If Mama was the substitute mother in their family for being the eldest, Lolo Jerry is the substitute father. While mama was in charge of helping their mother at home and in taking care of the younger siblings, Lolo Jerry was in charge of helping their father out in the farm and their animals.
Unlike Mama, my great grandparents sent Lolo Jerry to school. He graduated Criminology and is now a retired police officer.
Tito Jerry was also as grumpy and irritable as Mama and their parents, only worse! He was also a womanizer. He had three wives each with three chldren and they all don't know they exist up to this day. (Idol! haha)
None of his children was able to finish school.
(3)             Celeste D. Tin
Lola Celeste is the third in my grandmother's family. She was born on March 16, 1951. She only reached 3rd year high school because she got pregnant and had to get married.
She married a Chinese contractor. They had four children, Edward, Edmund, Edgar, and Celine, with the eldest being 48 and the youngest being 21 years old now.
Early on, Lola Celeste worked as a factory worker when she moved to Manila but as their family grew, she had to quit working and stay at home for the children. Her husband was often away from home due to the demands of his work (or so he says) but for some reason was not a good provider either.
Lola Celeste, like everyone else in their family, also had quite a temper. Not long after their youngest child was born, Lola Celeste's husband left them to be with another family. Rebelling because of Lola Celeste's difficult ways and because of their difficult life, their first three children did not even get to finish high school. Right now, Celine at 21 is still in first year college and we're helping her finish school whichever way we can just so we could help give them the break that they need in life.
(4)             Elias Dimabayao Sr.
Born on April 25, 1953, Lolo Elias is the fourth in their family. He also finished Criminology just like Lolo Jerry and is now a retired police officer. He married Lola Rosie who's also a factory worker together with Lola Celeste. They have three kids all of whom are already married with kids. None of them was also able to finish school.
(5)             Romulo Dimabayao Sr. (†)
Lolo Mulong was the blacksheep in their family. He was a high school drop-out and also a notorious womanizer. He has three kids with his wife, Lola Lorna, a secretary in the factory he worked in before, and a few other children with unknown women.
Lolo Mulong died at a very young age of 31. On December 12, 1986, he got hit by a speeding sedan as he was crossing Balintawak highway drunk. He died on his wife's birthday. She was about to surprise him with the news that she was 3 months pregnant with their third child. Little did she know, she was the one who's going to get the shock of her life.
Out of his three children, only the youngest was able to finished school. However, she got pregnant immediately and is now trying to survive her child.
(6)             Jose Dimabayo Sr.
Lolo Jose was born on July 19, 1957. His studies were then supported by Lolo Jerry, however, they did not have enough funds so he was forced to drop out of high school as well. He worked as a factory worker when he moved to Manila and there he met his wife Lola Delia with whom he had four children.
Just like Lolo Mulong and far from my great granparents, mama, Lolo Jerry, and Lola Celeste' persnoalities, Lolo Jose is another happy-go-lucky soul. Another notorious womanizer, Lolo Jose left his first family to be with another woman, Lola Sally with whom he had three more children.
Right now, both his families are dependent on running their own canteens and small mom-and-pop neighborhood stores. None of his kids was able to finish school as well.
(7)             Rosie D. Aquino
Lola Rosie is the youngest in the family. She was born on January 10, 1962.
Lola Rosie was not able to finish high school because in January on the year that she's about to graduate, she got pregnant and eloped. She married Lolo Bong who passed away four years ago of cancer.
They both worked as factory workers to survive their four kids, who are all now married with children. None of them finished studies too.
PARENTS – MOTHER
My mom's name is Detty Galdo, now Detty Sakamoto. She's very young at the age of 49 and is turning 50 on January 11. Born in Iriga City, Bicol, my mom is an only child.
Just like my great grandmother and grandmother, my mom also didn't grow up with her parents. She studied in Bicol and lived with my grandma's parents until high school while my grandpa and grandma worked in Manila.
She moved to Manila for College and studied Accountancy in the Philippine School of Business Administration. As soon as she finished, she moved to Japan where she met my dad. She was 20.
When I was still in school, my mom was extremely strict. I only get to talk to her on the phone but she's usually austere. She's probably the only person I'm scared of because when she's mad, she literally goes ballistic. Haha! (If she ever gets to read this I'm definitely one dead woman walking).
When I graduated though, she started to loosen up. She started to become more of a sister and a best friend to me while at the same time still being a mother – a very cool mom mind you. Whenever she gets the chance, she tells me stories about her love life then interrogate me about mine. We'd smoke and drink together which often turns out to be our craziest nights.
My mom's beautiful. She's very talented too with a great singing voice and great dancing moves. Whether she's intelligent? Well, at least she claims to be, haha! She says both my brother and I are intelligent so it must've come from our common denominator which is her. Such a comedian.
In terms of character, she's one person who's tough to read. She likes quiet time, but at the same time is often the life of the party. She's a social butterfly, but at the same time she doesn't like socializing so much. It's just that when she's there, she's really a natural. She reads people well and knows her way around.
My mom is one of the bravest persons I know. She will do anything and everything for her family, especially us her children. She never backs down and she'll put anyone in their proper place if need be. Don't get me wrong though, she does know how to pick her battles, but when it's family on the line, they better start hiding. Haha!
She's also very ambitious and street-smart. She's very independent and knows what she wants. I guess these characteristics of her are also a product of her exposure to mama.
Toni: My Mom's Daughter Turned Sister
At the age of 22, my mom and dad wanted to have a child but my mom couldn't bear one so both my parents went back to the Philippines to go on a vacation thinking it was work stress that keeps her from getting pregnant. When my mom still couldn't get pregnant, our relatives in Laguna offered them a neighbor's baby. The mother was willing to give the child away because the father wasn't her husband. The baby was Toni.
Toni was born on June 17, 1988 in Bay, Laguna. She was a premature baby at seven months. As soon as her mother gave birth to her, she was handed immediately to my mom in a shoe box, like handing away a cat or something. The monster didn't even have the soul to keep the baby in an incubator to keep her alive. Being the experienced mother, my grandmother was the one who took special care of Toni. She patiently stayed up every night to place light bulbs over Toni to keep her warm and alive until such time she's strong enough.
One month into her stay with my family, my mom found out she was one month pregnant with me. Because of this, it will no longer be believable to tell us we were sisters, thus forcing them all to make it appear like Toni was my grandmother's bunso and my mom's only sister.
Being merely 8 months apart, we grew up like siblings, like twins even. All these revelations only came to my knowledge four years ago by accident and up until this point, Toni still doesn't know anything about it.
Toni is a Nursing graduate from the Trinity University of Asia. Right now, she's already married with two kids – a two year old girl and a five month old baby boy.

FATHER'S SIDE
A.      Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Siblings
Prior to our third meeting last December 12, I was actually already preparing for this paper on Genogram. I really gave enough leeway and time to do my research, and by research and preparation, I meant giving my mom enough time to be ready to give me information. So as early as December 7, I messaged her to ask for information as you will see on my screenshot below.

Inline image 

Knowing my mom, I already knew this was a long shot, but hey it's worth trying. After all, as I've said, there's a purpose to every requirement of this course so I always want to make it a point to answer all questions, and reflect in the sincerest and most honest way possible and meet the purpose of all the exercises to the best of my ability.

Normally, whenever I send her a message she gets back to me within the day; two days max. I just waited but still no word from her. Christmas and New Year have passed and yet, still no word from her. I tried to call, text, and skype her, but to no avail.
Well, I guess my mom needs more time (haha) so as much as I would like to write something on this portion of my paper, I'm afraid there's nothing to put because there's nothing I know. 

PARENTS – FATHER
My dad's name is Yukio Yamashita. He was born on January 21, 1956 and is Wakayama, Japan based. He used to be a superstar of a major baseball league. Now, he is the President and CEO of a school similar to that of the Kumon chain here in the Philippines. He's also a part-time newscaster in his local prefecture.
My mom said he's really good-looking, sophisticated, very intelligent, speaks various languages fluently, and is a sharp businessman. Well I guess he is. Dozens of women won't be running after him if he weren't. (haha)
This is all I know of my father. Having very limited knowledge of him makes him more of an idea to me than a person.

REFLECTION

WHAT WAS IT LIKE GROWING UP WITH MY FAMILY? HOW DID IT AFFECT ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL – AS A LEADER?

At Home
As I have repeatedly narrated, my parents separated when I was only one, though I only found out about it when I was 9. My mom left me when I was only 4 to work again abroad so I only had my grandparents take care of me. Being with another child, my grandparents' attention was split. My grandmother was focused on my aunt, while my grandfather was focused on me. I was the apple of the eye of my grandfather. However, he passed away very early on while I was only 6. Since then, Toni and I only had my Mama to take care of the two of us.
They say ones position in a family's order of birth largely affects the personality of that person. However, I think I am one confused individual. For the longest time, I knew I was an only child, but having to grow up with someone who's about my age, though older, I also felt like I was a bunso. Because of this, I felt entitled. I also felt annoyed that my mama's attention was split because in my head, 'di ba pag bunso and only child, dapat apple of everyone's eyes?'. Haha! So yes, I grew up envying my aunt especially whenever my grandmother would compare us both in favor of her. This mentality didn't help my kamalditahan either. The more I think about it, the more I become maldita; and the more maldita I become, the more I get compared.
Our home was one which lacked that touch of love. No kind words and no gentle touch. Expressions like 'I love you', 'thank you', 'you are welcome', 'please', 'you are great', 'sorry' and the likes are sentences you will never hear in our home. Every time there was a problem, even the smallest ones, shouting and anger was always the automatic response. My grandmother, being the sole authority figure, was our main influence. Because of her background as well, she didn't know how it was to become a "mother". She was always down to business and always had this cut-the-crap, no-bullshit attitude. As far as she's concerned, love was limited to taking care of our needs. As long as she did all our laundry, ironed our clothes, cooked our breakfast at 4 in the morning, prepared our snacks and lunch baon for school, and arranged everything we need, that was good. There was no need to verbalize it. She wasn't very vocal about what she feels unless she's angry. That's about the only emotion she knew how to express and she does so very fairly well.
Whenever we had problems, she was clear that she will not back us up and that we should find a way and solve things on our own. We had to deal with our own issues including those that would normally require guidance from parents. This is one orientation that while I resent as I was growing up, I am now extremely thankful for. Because of this, I learned how to be independent. I learned that nobody is responsible and nobody will be answerable for the consequences of my decisions and actions but me. I learned the meaning of 'if there's a will, there's a way' at a very young age and right now, I am definitely reaping the benefits of these lessons.
Mama being mama, she was often just angry about everything. She was almost always unreasonable, which did not sit well with me. I would often answer back and reason out but from her own family background that was unacceptable. You can only imagine how chaotic our house was each and everyday. The only time it would be peaceful is when my grandma and I wouldn't talk for months, just passing each other like we were ghosts.
Because I often found her unreasonable, I grew up having issues following her rules and orders. This eventually translated even outside my life at home and up to this day, I still am guilty of not wanting to be ordered around.
On Education
Nowadays, it's not uncommon for parents to expose their children to different extracurricular activities whether in sports or talent development. Back then, we also wanted these kinds of exposures however, my grandmother thought it's only a waste of money. Now that I think of it, these things have an important impact in the development of a person whether socially, competitively, emotionally, artistically, intelligence-wise, and more importantly, discipline-wise.
In terms of our studies, all they had to say about school was to finish college so we can get a job abroad and make a lot of money. That's it. So while I was in school, I really just endured the whole thing to get it over and done with. I had no plans in mind even a couple of years after I graduated because in my head, I just wanted to go abroad and make a lot of money. Doing what? I really had no idea. I just wanted to make a lot money. This was the direction which my entire clan's culture ingrained in ALL of us.
Because of this, when nursing became a hit because of the high demand for nurses abroad, a lot of us were forced to take up nursing, but since I had issues following my grandmother, or better yet, I would do everything to disobey her, I considered every other course except nursing.
The Influence on me as a Person and as a Leader
As you may have noticed, I am largely influenced by my grandmother. Obviously, this is because she is the only figure of authority I had. She was tough, always angry, seemed not to care a lot, and had zero sense of being a mother, but it is because of her that I am what I am now: tough and independent. I learned how to deal with different people because I was practically a "street person" having preferred to be out than home. I learned how to solve my own problems knowing that I cannot and should not rely on anyone but myself. I learned how to find a way when there seemed to be no way. I learned how to go through life practically on my own and I am where I am now because of everything I had to go through because of her. Now that I think about it, I really wouldn't want to have it any other way.
Among the lessons I've learned, what I would consider the most important is my realization that we really cannot blame people for how they are. No one is inherently evil. For the most part, it is their circumstances that turned them into what, who, and how they are. Sometimes, they just know no other way because they were not shown any other way.
My grandmother and her siblings for instance, being tough was the only way they knew in terms of dealing with things. They weren't exactly shown love and care as well which is why they know no other way. When both our lives, Toni and I, were opened to a broader world, we were blessed to have been given the chance to see a different light, to know many other ways, and this broadened our thinking, our understanding. As we come home, we unconsciously bring the new world we found into our home and through that, we were able to show mama the world from a different perspective. We showed her the other ways of life, of love, and of living and because of this she gradually changed. Now, she's a totally different person from when I was growing up.
As a leader, I believe this is one valuable contribution we can give our society – to show them a different world, a different way from what they've grown accustomed to. By doing this, we are opening their worlds, their minds to limitless possibilities of what they think they can become. By doing this, we can make a difference.
WHAT WAS IT LIKE GROWING UP WITHOUT YOUR MOTHER?
Prior to my CTA speech, I was actually taking credit for getting our family our of the cycle of poverty because in my head, whatever I am today was because of my own efforts. Then I started writing that speech. After which I realized it was my mom who got us out of there.
Before, I do not understand why my mom had to leave me. I was only four while she was only 27 when she left. I am now 26. I've lived practically my whole life with a virtual mother. She's practically a stranger and so am I to her. She doesn't know how I think. She doesn't know any of my achievements, my talents, my personal struggles, and stories all 26 years of my life and these are years we can never get back. I felt these were wasted years. I love her but my feelings of hate and resentment remained bottled up causing me to have "psychological/emotional episodes" at times.
After writing my CTA speech, it all made sense. I wouldn't be where I am now if not for her sacrifice; so great a sacrifice even I cannot comprehend; so great a sacrifice that will go beyond me and my future children. It goes down to our future generations. We are all out of that cycle and it is all because of her.
If my mom was the key to get us out of the poverty cycle, it is then my new found purpose to bring the family back home. In the Philippines, it's gotten so common that people think it's just but a normal family situation. It's not. It does have a lasting impact not just on the abandoned children but also down to their children as it it will affect the way they form as a person.
Having said this, it is my wish that in the future, no children would have to experience growing up without parents. I wish that no mother would have to go through the pain of having to leave their children again.
WHAT WAS IT LIKE GROWING UP NOT KNOWING YOUR FATHER?
What is it like growing up with one? Truth be told, I do not know because I've lived my life not having one so I guess I really do not know what I'm missing. Although, I believe that it's true when they say "parang may kulang" if you haven't met the other half of the pair who made you.
I do want to know him. I want to know how he is; if he's really intelligent and how he is when it comes to business and people. I want to know what characteristics I got from him because right now I feel unique in my family because a lot of my qualities I don't see in any of them. I just really want to know.
DOES YOUR FAMILY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PASSION?
Definitely. As you will recall, my Call to Arms speech was about breaking the cycle of poverty. I painted a picture for you on those who are in that cycle and that picture resembles that of my family's as you will see above. Sad to say and as you have seen, education wasn't something which a lot of us valued. They're probably thinking that if their parents and all their relatives survived without having to go to school, they sure will too.
Thank God my grandfather and mom thought differently. Had my mom not been brave enough to get out of the cycle, I would probably have the same description as the rest of my relatives above should the time come that it's my child who has to do the same kind of Genogram exercise.
A new cycle has started for my future generations. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for my relatives which is why I am committing to become that outside intervention they need in order to be given that break out of that cycle. Everyone deserves a fighting chance in life. We, being the blessed ones, should do our best to lend a hand.
WHAT DID YOU REALIZE/LEARN FROM THE EXERCISE?
Through the Genogram exercise, I was able to fully understand my roots. It all made sense why my grandmother is how she is, why my mom is how she is, and why I am how I am. It all traces back to my great grandparents.
I realized that indeed, we are largely influenced by our immediate environment. We are either given no choice but to take the same road which those ahead of us took, which is usually the case for those who are trapped in the cycle of poverty, or we simply adapt to what we've grown accustomed to because we know of no other way to do things. For this reason, we should not judge people for being the way they are, chances are, we know nothing of their circumstances.
I also realized that the effects of poverty resounds even farther than we can imagine. They affect lives even to several generations down the line and more often than not, in a negative way.
WHAT IS THE RELATION TO WHAT I ALREADY KNOW?
Self-awareness allows us to see clearer our purpose in life. By understanding the journey we've taken, even those of our roots, it gives us a better picture of why we've gone through what we've gone through and where that road is trying to lead us. Self-awareness paints us a clearer direction of where we want to go, what we want to achieve and why we want to achieve it. It enables us to achieve our purpose through our awareness of our strengths, weaknesses, and values.
WHAT HAVE I DONE, AM I DOING, AND WILL BE DOING WITH MY NEW LEARNING/REALIZATIONS?
As mentioned above where I cited my grandmother as an example, we can change people's lives by showing them a different perspective. We can start by giving them love because love makes people want to become better persons. Furthermore, with overflowing love people tend to exude it and pay it forward.
We can start by being generous, by caring. By showing them that the world is more than just a cruel place where they have to merely survive, we are painting them a picture of a very different world. We are opening their minds to limitless possibilities of what they can do and become. We're painting them a difference. Our simple acts of generosity and kindness, even kind words can make a big difference.


<patiently and minutely done;   parang ginawa ng scholastic, well done;  your Mom and Dad should be very proud of you>







2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, Prof. for the appreciation and your very kind words! Thank you also for this amazing opportunity of exploration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Ishie... you tried despite the challenge... you're one brave woman.

    ReplyDelete