Friday, January 1, 2016

Regis Cebu Leadership – Leader Oliver Solijon – Genogram

Hi Prof.,

So sorry for the very late submission. The holidays has caught me up.

Please see my Genogram.

Regis Cebu Leadership – Leader Oliver Solijon – Genogram
The Bandala – Solijon family tree is quite complicated considering that each family is not tightly knitted with each other. As per interview with my parents they barely knew the back ground of their uncle's and auntie's thus information in determining who they are, what they do and how do reflect on me particularly my personality and character is quite difficult to understand.
Father side
Solijon Clan
Froilan Solijon (Great Grandfather)(+) – born in Oberton Illigan City, member of Philippine Constabulary (currently known Philippine National Police), died at the age of 101 years old.
Ines Madula (Great Grandmother) (+) – born in Mambajao Camiguin, housewife
Siblings: Rufo M. Solijon, Felipe M. Solijon (+), Rizalina M. Solijon (+), Pacita M. Solijon (+)
Ricardo M. Solijon (Grandfather)(+)
Lolo Ricardo or Lolo Cadoy as he was commonly known is the fourth among the siblings of five. He was born on July 16, 1933 at Oberton Iligan City. He grew up in the town of Tudela Misamis Occidental. He has a degree in education at Immaculate Concepcion and was practicing his profession during the early days. Eventually he move out from the teaching profession and became a book keeper in Lanao Provincial District Hospital in Lanao del Norte. As per information from my father he was the only book keeper in the history of the accounting profession in the Philippines without any accounting back ground. Because of his diligence, hardwork and the seminars he attended, he eventually became an accountant in Lanao Provincial District Hospital.
I have no fond memories of my Lolo Cadoy as he died at an early age of 55 due to a colon cancer. I was only 6 years old when he died. But as told by my father, Lolo Cadoy is a man of principle with great wisdom apart from being intelligent also. He taught my father during his younger age the art of surviving difficulties and struggles in life. He was the one teaching my father the way around in gambling especially when he moved to Cebu for his studies. As per my father, my Lolo Cadoy was he's inspiration and adviser.
Artadi Clan
Celso Artadi (Great Grandfather)(+) – born in Mambajao Camiguin, worked at Department of Public Works and Communication (currently known Department of Public Works and Highways), died at the age of 56.
Patricia Marto (Great Grandmother)(+) – born in Mambajao Camiguin, housewife, died at the age of 78.
Siblings: Clarita A. Piloto, Josefa A. Tamayo (+), Purita A.  Lagbas, Leo M.  Artadi, Nimfa Conson (+), Pilar A. Nazi, Adelaida M.  Maagad
Carolina M. Artadi (Grandmother)
Lola Carolina or Lola Carol as commonly known to everybody was born August 6, 1934 at Mambajao Camiguin. She was the eldest among her siblings and graduated with a degree in accounting at Far Eastern University in Manila. After graduating from college, she stayed with her relatives in Ozamis City Misamis Occidental wherein at the city government treasury division until her retirement.
Lola Carol is a mestiza with an elegant beauty that simply doesn't fade. After the death of my Lolo Cadoy, she was survived with her children. After her retirement, she focuses her attention to her grand children and great grand children. At the age of 81 now, she still enjoys going out with family and relatives and taking good care of her grandchildren and great grand children.
Mother side
                Bandala Clan
                Policarpio Bandala (Great Grandfather)(+) – no details
                Antonia Sambas (Great Grandmother)(+) – no details
               
Siblings: Inocencio Bandala (+), Gregorio Bandala (+), Natividad Caballo (+), Priscila Bandala (+)
               
                Celestino S. Bandala Sr. (Grandfather)(+)
               
Lolo Celestino or Lolo Ninong as known to us is 2nd from siblings of five. He was born on April 6, 1920 in Baclayon Bohol. Lolo Ninong was a survivor of WWII and before the war started he used to teach industrial arts in his hometown considering that he is only a high school graduate. He married my grandmother and moved to Cebu wherein he worked as a timekeeper of Engr. Paquito Sanchez a civil engineer. From Engr. Sanchez he was inspired to become one and after his working hours he attended night school to pursue civil engineering. After graduating and passing the professional licensure examination for civil engineering, he became an assistant engineer to Engr. Sanchez. He was employed for quite some time to Engr. Sanchez company but unfortunately Engr. Sanchez died. Upon the death of his mentor, Lolo Ninong started his own company C.S. Bandala Construction and Services. He was able to provide a good life to her wife and 11 children.
Lolo Ninong as I have known is quite strict and disciplinarian. Most of us his grand children are a bit apprehensive going near him as he doesn't talk much. Till his death I haven't felt his presence being a grandfather. He died at the age 79 due to cardiac arrest.
Peńalosa Clan
Raymundo Peńalosa (Great Grandfather)(+) – no details
Regina Aya-ay (Great Grandmother)(+) – no details
Siblings: Isidro A. Peńalosa (+), Perfecto A. Peńalosa (+), Bernarda A. Peńalosa (+), Regina P. Espańola (+)
Ponciana A. Peńalosa (Grandmother)(+)
Lola Ponciana or Lola Yaning as know to us was born on January 19, 1922 at Baclayon Bohol. She was the youngest among the siblings of five. She was an undergraduate of a business course but wasn't to continue because of WWII. She married my Lolo Ninong was able to have 11 children with him. Since they are a big family and to help augment the income of my lolo, she ventured in business by starting her own Sari-sari store. Her Sari-sar store turn to be one of the biggest store in Tupas Cebu City.
As far as I could remember with Lola Yaning, she has the same characteristic with my Lolo Ninong, strict and disciplinarian. Apart from that she is really a business minded person. She is close with my mom that every week she visited our house to check on her and us. She died at the age of 79 due to cardiac arrest while she sleeps.
Parents
                Eldred A. Solijon – born Feb. 25, 1958
My father is the eldest among the siblings of eight. He has a twin sister and both I can say have different personality. Because both my Lolo Cadoy and Lola Carol are also working parents, he is normally tasked to look out for his other siblings.
My father graduated with a degree in mining engineering but wasn't able to take a professional license since he was employed immediately by National Power Corporation (NPC). At NPC he made a career for 17 years before availing the early retirement program. He ventured into business but unfortunately it collapse during the 1999 Asia financial crisis. He started to redeem himself slowly for almost a decade after the crisis.
Right now after seeing we his children already finished college, he took the chance of taking his professional licensure examination and was able to succeed. After becoming a license mining engineer, he took the real estate broker examination and is also a license broker now. Currently he is taking law and is already on his 2nd year while managing a business of a Chinese friend.
Beatriz B. Solijon – born Feb. 28, 1952
My mother is retired government worker in a government state run university, Cebu Normal University. Prior to her 23 years of service in the government, she started her career in the hotel industry for 5 years before stopping and became a full time housewife taking good care of us.
When she was a full time housewife, she was our teacher providing us the values we needed. When me and my siblings came to the right age, she asked permission from my father to get a job since she already got bored of the usual routine she. Since at that time my father was the sole bread winner, she allows my mother to have a job to augment his income. That is when she started her career at Cebu Normal University working at the administration for 23 years.
What is the new learning?
Tracing back my roots is quite difficult considering that I am not close to both side of the family. My mother side's family somehow disregarded as in my early stage of my life because we were financially incapable. On the other hand my father side are opposite to my mother side but there problem are there personality and character. The good thing about my father side is that his siblings looked at him as a leader.
It was only in the later part of our lives that my relatives at my mother side are starting to get in touch with us primarily because the tides have change. What I learned in our situation with my mother side is that despite the neglect they did, humility towards other people should always prevail.
What is the relation of this to what I already know?
I am grateful to the kind of my family that I have despite the different experiences we had on both sides. Me and my siblings are now all successful in our respective careers and this is primarily through the dedication and hard work of my parents.
In my life's journey, I am thankful that I have the kind of parents who always look for the best in their children. My family have been through a lot in the previous years and that hardship has put us together to reach what we have today.
What have I done, am doing and will be doing for this topic?
The Genogram is a great way in determining the flaws in the family. By tracing back my roots and understanding each family member, the Genogram will tell us what transpired each family to treat you or us.
Family is the basic community at home and thus giving value to each of the family member will give a harmonious relationship. Since my experience with my family members on both side, it made me distance myself to them. Ever since I instill in my mind that need to be successful in my life so that I can show to them that my family is worth the respect.
Now that I have reached my goal, I realized that showing off to them what I have achieved doesn't make me feel any better. This topic about Genogram give me an idea that family is very important as no matter what happen, in the end they will always be your family. The Genogram will help me understand on how to reached out to my family members and hope that I will have a peace within my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment