Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cebu Regis Leadership Call to Arms speech by Leader Genevieve R. Ramos

Cebu Regis Call to arm Speech by: Leader Genevieve R. Ramos



GIVING
By: Genevieve Ramos
I was astounded the first time I read the article about the recent news of Mark Zuckerberg with his wife Priscilla who donated 99% percent of his Facebook share to a foundation for a cause, after his wife gave birth to their first born child. I was truly amazed and awe-stricken from thinking, how this young man, despite his age was able to let go of this amount of wealth knowing, that he still has a long journey on his lifetime.  I keep wondering and asking myself, what could be his motivation? What was inside his heart that moved him to do such a great and heroic act? As I read his letter to his newly born daughter, I came across this message on the second to the last paragraph, which struck me most and I quote "And we can only focus on serving this community and this mission because we are surrounded by loving family, supportive friends and amazing colleagues. We hope you will have such deep and inspiring relationship in your life too."   Such is a powerful phrase for me my dear classmates, doing great act such as what Zuckerberg showed us and with what we have discussed in class for the past two sessions, and the series of assignments we had on understanding and knowing ourselves better, is such a connection, a connection that truly emancipates our focus on serving others, which begins when you are filled with the love within yourself, your family and the people surrounding you.
This I think is the essence of this class from the very beginning, from defining moments, the movie synopsis with the JCampbell monomyth, and the enneagram are powerful tools that allow us to discover and know better ourselves. By revealing the dark moments we may have in our lives, we are letting go of the past wounds and start to rekindle the love in our hearts, by discovering the hero within us in order to appreciate life better, and by discovering ourselves with our strengths and weaknesses to harness ourselves to become great. These I believe are the fundamentals in building our own self, able to discover the goodness in our hearts, knowing and accepting our imperfections, only then that we can cheerfully serve others. Perhaps, not as much as what Zuckeberg did but in our own little way we are able to take part.
If I may challenge you my dear classmates, that as we finish this course, we must be able to build better self-awareness, be able to build stronger relationship, to our family, our spouses our children, our colleagues and to the rest of the people around us, so that we may be able to discover what is supreme in us that we can give back to the world and what little things we have that we can share.
As for me, I already plan to fix my relationship with my eldest daughter so I can rebuild and strengthen the relationship with her again while it is not too late. Our family is not perfect but I will try my very best by putting extra efforts in building, enhancing, and deepening relationships with my husband and with my other 3 kids.  As such I will be able to improve my weaknesses such as being emotionally detached, and a less intimate person.
It's been my passion to help others ever since, and I would like to attribute this to my being type 2 personality.  We have been extending financial support to our less privileged relatives for their education. We also plan to sponsor scholars beyond our family, hopefully next year to the foundation and the orphanage we regularly visited.
Lastly I just want to share my dream of putting up our own foundation with the primary goal to sponsor less fortunate children to go to school because I believed that education could make a difference not only on their lives but also in the society. Likewise, I will also instill the value of reading early on, to this children so that they will grow in love for reading, for in reading deepens and widens wisdom..
So what's yours..?

(first to send;  thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment