Monday, December 14, 2015

Cebu Regis Leadership Reflection Paper 2 - Internal and External Factors that shaped you as a Leader

Cebu Regis Reflection Paper #2 - Factors - External Internal that Shaped you as a Leader by Leader Genevieve Ramos
I. External - what are family, environment school and work experience that shaped you today?
II. Internal - your values, strength, weakness and how do they affect on how you decide act
III. How do they prepare you for your future challenges?
External - what are family, environment school and work experience that shaped you today?
Family
Looking back, a very close family ties, religious parents with a very simple life back in Samar, is where my values rooted. Looking back and connecting the dots, my childhood experiences, how my parents raised me with such culture and values of resiliency, God fearing, self-determined, and integrity molded me into who I am today, an experience that significantly influenced my guiding principle moving forward as I walk through this life.
Life back then, I remembered it was practical and difficult as compared to that of my circle of friends and relatives and neighbors who were afforded with life's comfort and luxury.   While the people surrounding us enjoyed having abundance and comfort, in our family we were able to learn the value of sharing and frugality, because of the lack.   We likewise were able to value humility and hard work because of my parent's consistent teachings and life sharing of experiences. This is how grateful I am to my mother and her great character for showing us leadership in the most practical sense. She raised seven values oriented and professional individual, while difficult, in retrospect, many people appreciated and praised my mother on how she was able to successfully raised and sent all 7 kids to school with barely enough income as a teacher. In consolation of the difficulties in life I went through, many people including my teachers used our family as a case to inspire others. Today we are not only successful with each of us raising our own family, we managed to keep each of us close with each other (families) and promoted the culture of openness and gratitude anchored with faith. This has allowed me and my other six siblings to walk with God specially on attending Sunday Masses where we used to hear mass together, have fun after and share situations and experiences.
My mom was a great teacher, she taught me many principles that guided me through in all my developing and progressive years. She strongly value the love for God before anything else, she encouraged me to be actively involved in the church, and some civic organization. She showed us the value of serving others, doing volunteer works, and being active in school activities.
All through the years - growing up with my siblings up to now, is my true foundation with my consistent Mom who has kept us anchored with hard-work and honesty, and integrity.  I recalled the favorite line she uses and I quote " With Honesty and Integrity, you will always be respected and trusted no matter what happens". Growing up, this principle has guided me all through the years and it helped me cross many difficulties in life, as such, made me appreciate life's mysteries into who I am today - full of determination to succeed to be able to serve others.
My married life had also helped in shaping and mold me as a person I am today. It taught me with so many lessons, I was shaped to become a stronger person now, able to face more difficult situations, become more confident of myself, striving to become more optimistic in life, and the value of being grateful in every blessings or even sacrifices we have had. With the many challenges that we faced we learn to stay grounded and be humble all the time.
School
It was during my elementary years in the school where I was able to experience my small successes and achievements. Being consistent among the top three in class, during my elementary years my achievements in my high school despite my handicapped proved to me that what I discover as my strength now are somewhat aligned with my early achievements in my school. My school years is where my talents and strengths were able to shape also looking back at my past now. My being creative, innovative and determined when I was chosen as winner in art class, being the favorite student in math is the strengths that were manifested in this early stage in my life. School years for me from elementary to college is full of wonderful memories that influenced the attitude and the values that I have now in way. The bond that we have with my friends which able me to develop on how to relate with others, the discipline, in which I was able to develop in order to keep up in class, and the determination to excel in class are some characteristics that was developed in this chapter of my life.
Work
I considered my work gives the greater impact in influencing the strong character I have. The environment that I was exposed with my work is more challenging and requires a lot of courage, persistence and determination. Able to face this is my greatest accomplishment so far that I give back the gratitude to my God. With my experience I was able to conquer more difficult situation, able to pass the threshold and push me to uncover my greatest potential and eventually reach to level of success I have from the past. The successes and failures that I was able to experience in my working years made me realized that life is like a wheel sometimes you will be on top and sometimes your will be at your very lowest moment of your life and in which every stop there is lesson that you can take for your to carry on in your destination. Of where I am today I owe this on the chosen field I was. Willing to take risks, ready to face challenges, and continue to what I believe is the best thing to do that is worth pursuing.
Internal - your values, strength, weakness and how do they affect on how you decide act.
My family, school and work are the most significant areas where my values was shaped and developed. I am giving the credit to my childhood and my family in shaping these values. I am grateful to my parents especially my mom who apparently unleash and in instilling this values in me that I was able to develop and carried with me wherever I go. These values of resilience, being humble, with high integrity, and most of all Love for God, are basic things that I always be reminded every time I am faced in any critical situation where I am in need of it. These values also serves as my guiding principle and serves as my criteria in deciding things that will affect significantly my family, my work and people around me
How do they prepare you for your future challenges?
Looking from my past, understanding myself better, knowing my strengths and weaknesses are, will able me to shape the future that I wanted. Finding myself better now will lead me to focus on the core strength in order for me to succeed in this journey called life. I believe that by knowing your self better also will able you discover you own passion and purpose which is what all that matters. By being able to know my purpose and passion i will be moved and ready to face whatever challenges that will comes along my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment