Monday, December 28, 2015

Top Leader Students for 2015

'Quamplurimi et quam aptissimi" (As many as possible of the very best)

Rizal Philippines
December 28, 2015


I have made a list of top students  for leadership in 2015 from Clark, SSS, and MM Leadership.  I did not come up with 10.  I came up with only 9

The list is as follows:

1.  Leader Atty Leighna Abarquez                    MM Leadership

2.  Leader Rhea Mutuc    -                                 AGSB Clark

3.  Leader Dra Suzette Munoz  -                       AGSB Clark

4. Leader SVP Belina Katigbak -                      AGSB Clark

5.  Leader Dr. Alejandro Garcia -                     AGSB Clark

6.  Leader Dr. Maricel Catungal-                     AGSB Clark

7.  Leader VP Corazon Guevarra                    AGSB Clark

8.   Leader Anne Mayette Boese                     AGSB Clark

9.  Leader Dra. Lourdes Lagunilla                  AGSB Clark

The list does not include yet the Cebu Regis group who have yet to finish the requirements  (It is a good idea to maintain this type of motivation and competition, of rewards and recognition to level up)

My best wishes and greetings to the above leaders.  May you continue to be inspiration to your classmates, colleagues, to your community, to the nation and the Universe. You are going to be ambassador of good news, of hope, of courage, determination of success, of positivism of enthusiasm rather than depression and apathy, of compassion .  Again this recognition does not diminish the leadership of others as Chris Lowney so passionately explained.

More power to all of you

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sir, thank you very much for this. This is quite an honor for me. I want to also take this opportunity to share my insights about the class and the subject:

    My hesitations:

    At first, I was a bit skeptical about how leadership can be taught in a couple of weeks. I had my doubts then because to my understanding, leadership is a journey and it's not something that can be learned in weeks or two.

    Then, I could not see the connection between leadership and sharing bits and pieces of myself to others. I wasn't comfortable sharing my thoughts or my personal circumstances with others. I do enjoy writing, but writing for everyone to read was not something I took easily.

    Recollecting painful events in my life, and worse, writing about these events-- and worst, writing for everyone to read, was something I dreaded, did not appreciate, and skeptical about. Initially, I feared about being judged for my weaknesses.

    Learnings:

    This class, for me, is really an avenue for self-awareness, self-actualization, and learning from other fellow-leaders. I have been very blessed to have learned so much from my fellow leaders in class. Alex, Mel & Richard for giving me examples of how to survive in the corporate world....Cat, devout mother with a big heart for the less fortunate and a fellow dog lover... Architect, achiever and a great team leader... Justin, your love for family has inspired me to continue to value my husband and children all the more.... Con and Maye both devout mothers, kudos to all your hard work and dedication... May, Erika & Rachel, your youthful vibrance, idealism and zeal have inspired me to release my inner child amidst this imperfect and chaotic world... Gab, your insights give me a different and better perspective about life, and the way you deliver those insights make these more lasting & unforgettable...jermits, tumagos sa akin ang sinabi mong hindi hadlang ang kahirapan sa pagkamit sa mga pangarap.

    Sharing ourselves to the class and to others, is our way to inspire, and be inspired as well from the leadership stories of fellow Ateneans. After all, true leadership really is about being inspirations for others to better themselves, with the higher aim of making this society a much better place. A true leader inspires. A true leader leaves a mark in the hearts of those he or she has touched. I dream to be, or at least, strive to be that kind of leader. Thank you, Sir, for this opportunity to be an inspiration for others.

    Ad majorem dei gloriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma. Corazon Q. GuevarraDecember 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM

    Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to you Prof. Thank you so much for recognizing us. Thank you also for bringing out the best in us. For me, Leadership is one of the most memorable, fruitful and valuable subjects in my MBA. It has been a pleasure and honor to be in your class and most especially in your top 9 list.
    God bless and more power to you Prof. Saguinsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow @leigna, very very well said. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Prof! Honestly, I still check our Leadership blogspot once in a awhile but I just learned about this post from Leader Anne Boese 2 days ago.

    Thanks Prof for motivating and challenging us in innovative ways. As for me, I welcome and embrace challenge.. it keeps my momentum to be Magis.. Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam of course. I know I still have a long way to go but I always make sure that at the end of the day I know I am always ready for Him. We don't know how long we will live to do our purpose here and I want to make sure I am ready to always go anytime kaya naman i always push myself to be better and be an example to others that I have to do my part as the Steward of our Lord.

    Anyway, I miss Leadership class. It's my first class and if I may say, my favorite class yet. Taking up my second subject right now (MANDYN) and just to give you an update Prof, I am still on track with our learning agreement (5-year plan). I am incorporating today the training business I wrote there.

    Thanks to my Leadership Classmates, I learned a lot from them. Thank you Prof for facilitating the class in such a way.

    Congratulations to us Top 9ers and those who are not in the list, I know, they are Leaders at their own rights as well. We are all still striving to reach our highest potential.. habang may buhay.. :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!!!!

    Let's all keep in touch. :)

    RCEE (Rhea Mutuc)

    ReplyDelete