Sunday, December 20, 2015

Regis Cebu Leadership: Reflection Paper 2 Internal and External Factors that Shaped Me by Leader Melchor Castro Daclan



Hi Prof. Jorge,

I am now using my gmail account, the church email address I was using has auto filtering once private information detected. 

Thank you very much,

Melchor C.Daclan




Regis Cebu Leadership
Leader Melchor Castro Daclan
Reflection Paper 2: Internal and External Factors that Shaped Me

 

EXTERNAL – WHAT ARE FAMILY, ENVIRONMENT, SCHOOL AND WORK EXPERIENCES HAS SHAPED YOU TODAY?

In family:  Considering I am the second out of nine children, it was my very first experience of being a leader. Being a leader to my 7 younger siblings, was a sweet memory for me. I was leading with all my sincerity, dedication and love to my young brothers and sisters. Since grade two I learned to prepare meals for them. For eight years boy, cooking for the family was a big deal already. As we grow up I gained the trust and confidence of my brother and sisters at the same I taught them my skills in sports, such as Karate, Kickboxing, Track & Field and Swimming. It was a very memorable for me as a young leader.
In school:  It was a big challenge for my parents to find time to help me and my siblings with our lessons in school. My father and mother are doing their best to provide just enough for the basic needs of our family. I truly believe that adversaries can us strong. As young as eight years old I cook foods for my younger siblings and to study by myself.
Because I was friendly and somehow cute in graders I became the class prince charming almost every school year, but soon I move to high school my classmates and teachers gradually discovered my leadership ability. The prince charming became the class president every school year and at the same time I exceled in sports activities and won plenty of medals in track and fields, in swimming and dominated in Karate-do and Kick Boxing in my own category.
At work: It's been nine years since I submitted my resignation as Regional Associate Manager in LDS Employment Resource Services (ERC), under Church Welfare Department. My engagement in LDS-ERC was indeed very colorful and fruitful. Until now I can still feel the great excitement that I felt during those years of special moments in Reaching, Teaching and Coaching all our volunteers, clients, and partners in achieving success. 

Professionally, I was grateful and felt honored for being responsible in conducting plenty of trainings/seminars before and after I attended World-wide Managerial Seminars in Salt Lake City Head Quarter. Those humbling and inspiring years of experiences were a great part of molding to become a great person. 

Personally, I have some regrets that I resigned from my previous Church Employment due to some conflicts we back in June 2006. It was few days before the birthday of my wife. However, I strongly believe and convinced that God has a purpose for designing that way. I just received a very strong personal feeling that enveloped my whole being that I should stay in my native land and to serve in the Church all my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment