Thursday, October 8, 2015

MM Enneagram Test - Shared by Leader Leigh Abarquez

Leighna Katrina Sitoy-Abarquez

My Enneagram Test Results are:

I am most likely a TYPE 3.

Taking wings into account, I seem to be 3w2.

Copyright © Ewald Berkers
BelobeBelow are the types with the highest test scores on the lists below.

Type 3 - 10.7
Type 2 - 9.4
Type 6 - 8.4
Type 1 - 6.4
Type 4 - 5.7
Type 8 - 5

Wing 3w2 - 15.4
Wing 2w3 - 14.8
Wing 3w4 - 13.6
Wing 2w1 - 12.6
Wing 4w3 - 11.1
Wing 1w2 - 11.1
Wing 6w7 - 10.6
Wing 6w5 - 9.3
Wing 1w9 - 8.4
Wing 8w7 - 7.2
Wing 8w9 - 7
Wing 4w5 - 6.6


What is my new learning from this exercise?

This activity enabled me to confirm and rediscover my strengths and weaknesses, in a deeper level. Such that, I was able to step back, reassess myself, and be fully conscious of how my strength can also be weakness or trouble point, or how my weakness can be transformed into something positive.  The top 3 personality types above, really do describe who I am, or who I strive to become.

As I was reading the interpretations of each of my personality type—the explanations/interpretations reinforced my understanding about myself. I was able to comprehend my normal inclinations for acting or reacting in certain ways, given particular circumstances.



What talents and gifts do I have that are affirmed by the Enneagram? What are my limitations and weaknesses?

To highlight my top 3 personality types, I took out phrases (from the interpretations) that I feel characterize me. I also added a column describing how these strengths can work for or sometimes, against me.

Type 3 – Achiever

Strength/Virtue
Weakness/Vice
sometimes feel the need to be validated in order to feel worthy

sometimes lead to insecurity
very hard working, and highly focused in the pursuit of my goals

Easily frustrated when others do not come up to speed.
very sociable, adaptable, often extroverted, and some say that I am charismatic

Maybe viewed by others as “too strong”
very practical and driven
Doesn’t usually take “no” for an answer, until after I’ve tried all the other best alternatives.  If others do not share the same passion, I usually get frustrated.
very much afraid of ending up a “loser”

Sometimes,  too hard or unforgiving to oneself

Type 2 – The Helper
Strength/Virtue
Weakness/Vice
feel worthy insofar as they are helpful to others; selflessness is their duty
forgets to take care of self; can lead to physical burnout, emotional exhaustion and emotional volatility
warm, emotional people who care a great deal about their personal relationships, devote an enormous amount of energy to them
feel that they will never receive the love they deserve for all of their efforts
require appreciation; need to be needed
become intrusive and demanding if their often unacknowledged emotional needs go unmet

Type 6 – The Loyalist
Strength/Virtue
Weakness/Vice
generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative
Worries too much
Very good trouble-shooter.
restless imaginings of everything that might go wrong
Steadfast loyal
Don’t trust easily

What is the relation to what I already know?

In the company I work for, we were asked to take a self-awareness-type of personality test a couple of months ago. The test is called the Gallup Strengths Test.  The test determines the strengths and talents of an individual. According to this Gallup philosophy, “when individuals have the opportunity to discover their natural talents and purposely develop them into strengths, the effect on individual and organizational performance is transformational. Most effective people are those who understand their strengths and behaviors.” (https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Dashboard)

I’m sharing excerpts of my individualized report gathered from the Gallup Strength Test.  What’s striking is that my five strengths are somewhat consistent with my Enneagram results.

Achiever

Your Achiever theme helps explain your drive. Achiever describes a constant need for achievement. You feel as if every day starts at zero. By the end of the day you must achieve something tangible in order to feel good about yourself. And by “every day” you mean every single day—workdays, weekends, vacations. No matter how much you may feel you deserve a day of rest, if the day passes without some form of achievement, no matter how small, you will feel dissatisfied. You have an internal fire burning inside you. It pushes you to do more, to achieve more. After each accomplishment is reached, the fire dwindles for a moment, but very soon it rekindles itself, forcing you toward the next accomplishment. Your relentless need for achievement might not be logical. It might not even be focused. But it will always be with you. As an Achiever you must learn to live with this whisper of discontent. It does have its benefits. It brings you the energy you need to work long hours without burning out. It is the jolt you can always count on to get you started on new tasks, new challenges. It is the power supply that causes you to set the pace and define the levels of productivity for your work group. It is the theme that keeps you moving.

Developer
You see the potential in others. Very often, in fact, potential is all you see. In your view no individual is fully formed. On the contrary, each individual is a work in progress, alive with possibilities. And you are drawn toward people for this very reason. When you interact with others, your goal is to help them experience success. You look for ways to challenge them. You devise interesting experiences that can stretch them and help them grow. And all the while you are on the lookout for the signs of growth—a new behavior learned or modified, a slight improvement in a skill, a glimpse of excellence or of “flow” where previously there were only halting steps. For you these small increments—invisible to some—are clear signs of potential being realized. These signs of growth in others are your fuel. They bring you strength and satisfaction. Over time many will seek you out for help and encouragement because on some level they know that your helpfulness is both genuine and fulfilling to you.

Strategic
The Strategic theme enables you to sort through the clutter and find the best route. It is not a skill that can be taught. It is a distinct way of thinking, a special perspective on the world at large. This perspective allows you to see patterns where others simply see complexity. Mindful of these patterns, you play out alternative scenarios, always asking, “What if this happened? Okay, well what if this happened?” This recurring question helps you see around the next corner. There you can evaluate accurately the potential obstacles. Guided by where you see each path leading, you start to make selections. You discard the paths that lead nowhere. You discard the paths that lead straight into resistance. You discard the paths that lead into a fog of confusion. You cull and make selections until you arrive at the chosen path—your strategy. Armed with your strategy, you strike forward. This is your Strategic theme at work: “What if?” Select. Strike.

Learner
You love to learn. The subject matter that interests you most will be determined by your other themes and experiences, but whatever the subject, you will always be drawn to the process of learning. The process, more than the content or the result, is especially exciting for you. You are energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence. The thrill of the first few facts, the early efforts to recite or practice what you have learned, the growing confidence of a skill mastered—this is the process that entices you. Your excitement leads you to engage in adult learning experiences—yoga or piano lessons or graduate classes. It enables you to thrive in dynamic work environments where you are asked to take on short project assignments and are expected to learn a lot about the new subject matter in a short period of time and then move on to the next one. This Learner theme does not necessarily mean that you seek to become the subject matter expert, or that you are striving for the respect that accompanies a professional or academic credential. The outcome of the learning is less significant than the “getting there.”

Belief
If you possess a strong Belief theme, you have certain core values that are enduring. These values vary from one person to another, but ordinarily your Belief theme causes you to be family-oriented, altruistic, even spiritual, and to value responsibility and high ethics—both in yourself and others. These core values affect your behavior in many ways. They give your life meaning and satisfaction; in your view, success is more than money and prestige. They provide you with direction, guiding you through the temptations and distractions of life toward a consistent set of priorities. This consistency is the foundation for all your relationships. Your friends call you dependable. “I know where you stand,” they say. Your Belief makes you easy to trust. It also demands that you find work that meshes with your values. Your work must be meaningful; it must matter to you. And guided by your Belief theme it will matter only if it gives you a chance to live out your values.

What have I done, am doing, and will be doing for this topic? How do I conquer or temper my weaknesses and how do I improve and harness my gifts and talents?

I’ve learned that putting proper and effective use of my strengths can help me reach my full potential. So, I should always try to gear my efforts towards enhancing these strengths. Here are some examples that I’ve thought of that I think will help me harness my personality/trait to my benefit:

<![if !supportLists]>·         <![endif]>Achiever:
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>Strive not to be too concerned with what others think of me, and realize/admit that I can’t please everyone.
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>I am constantly looking for work assignments that allow me to have some leeway to work as hard, and I will feel challenged. I feel blessed that I work for a company that provides that venue for me.
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>As an achiever, I relish the feeling of being busy and knowing when I am done with my work. So, I make timelines to make sure I keep track of my progress..
<![if !supportLists]>·         <![endif]>Helper
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>I will strive to look for work assignments that will enable me to mentor more people, e.g. teaching or coaching.
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>My “helper” personality might lead me to focus too much on the needs of other people. This would lead me to be burned-out. Aside from me helping others only, I should also find time for myself (e.g. relaxation and rest), help improve myself (e.g. through higher learning), or find a mentor who will also help me.
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>I should learn to give constructive criticisms and not to lose sight of those persons who don’t want to be helped or who are not improving despite my guidance.
<![if !supportLists]>·         <![endif]>Loyalist
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>Worry less, trust more. Fight the battles worth fighting, and learn to filter reasonable versus unwarranted fears.
<![if !supportLists]>o    <![endif]>While I have the natural inclination to be able to potential issues more easily than others, in order not to be misconstrued by others, I should try to not only point out future issues but also suggest ways to prevent or overcome them.

Great



Sitoy-Abarquez, Leighna Katrina | Legal Counsel
Legal Services, Office of General Counsel
3M Philippines, Inc. | 9/F Three World Square, 22 Upper McKinley Road
Taguig City | 1634 Philippines
Office: +63 2 588 9121 | Mobile: +63 917 534 3580


No comments:

Post a Comment