Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sharing MM Enneagram Results by LEADER JUSTIN QUILON

Hi Prof. Jorge,

Good Day! Here's my Enneagram results.

I am most likely a type 3.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 3w2.


Type 3 - 11.7 - Acheiver
Type 5 - 9.3 - Investigator
Type 1 - 9 - Reformer
Type 9 - 9 - Peacemaker
Type 2 - 8.7
Type 8 - 7.3
Type 4 - 1

Wing 3w2 - 16.1 - Achiever w Helper
Wing 2w3 - 14.6 - Helper w Achiever
Wing 9w1 - 13.5 - Peacemaker w Reformer
Wing 1w9 - 13.5
Wing 1w2 - 13.4
Wing 2w1 - 13.2
Wing 9w8 - 12.7
Wing 3w4 - 12.2
Wing 8w9 - 11.8
Wing 5w6 - 11
Wing 5w4 - 9.8
Wing 8w7 - 8.5
Wing 4w3 - 6.9

Wing 4w5 - 5.7
I am a type 3 and taking wings into account I am a Wing 3w2.    
Type 3s are Achievers. Here are some descriptions about 3s that I feel characterize me:
Focused on the presentation of success, to attain validation   
                                                                                                                                    
People of this personality type need to be validated in order to feel worthy; they pursue success and want to be admired. They are frequently hard working, competitive and are highly focused in the pursuit of their goals. They know how to present themselves, practical, and driven. They are good networkers who know how to rise through the ranks. But, while 3s do tend to succeed in whatever realm they focus their energies, they are often secretly afraid of being or becoming "losers."
Threes can sometimes find intimacy difficult. Their need to be validated for their image often hides a deep sense of shame about who they really are, a shame they unconsciously fear will be unmasked if another gets too close. Threes are often generous and likable, but are difficult to really know.



Because it is central to the type Three fixations to require external validation, Threes often, consciously and unconsciously, attempt to embody the image of success that is promoted by their culture. Threes get in trouble when they confuse true happiness, which depends on inner states, with the image of happiness which society has promoted.


What is my new learning from this topic?
My Top 3 personality types are: Achiever, Investigator and Reformer.

From this exercise, I learned that I am truly inclined to the achiever type. There are times that I tell myself "Hindi ko na gagalingan" but still at the end of the day I give it my best. As I was reading the description of a type 3, which is more focused on success, goals, and accomplishments. I begin to realize that it is not all about success but it is how you achieved your success. Even if I win or become successful, it will not be as fruitful if I step on others, or take advantage of others just to reach my goal. I should be more sensitive to others and be emphatic as well. 

Let me share with you a story on this. One day a man applied for a managerial position. He did his best. Worked hard and did everything to get the position. In doing so, he pushed everyone aside and even forgot about his team. He did not mind their needs and disregarded their suggestions. He just focused on his goal which is to get the promotion. Fast forward, he got the promotion. He got what he always wanted. Initially, he felt happy but when he looked around he felt alone. He had success but felt empty inside.

Here's another story. This is about a man who was placed to handle a team which has a function out of his field. This team was a small team. The processes were new. In short, he was bound to fail. The project was overwhelming. They need to start from scratch. Everything was new. He needs to recruit new people. There were sleepless nights and there were times that he just wants to quit. But this guy did something different; he was sensitive to the team's needs and also showed empathy to the team. Though they were bound to fail and the task was very difficult, they were able to conquer the challenge in front of them. They even enjoyed the journey towards success. 

The lesson I learned from this two stories, as a type 3 Achiever, is this " Success is best experienced when shared". I should be able to balance my eagerness to be successful while being sensitive to others around me. 

Because of this test I became more aware of my strengths and weaknesses. 

Strengths:
  • Hard working, competitive and are highly focused in the pursuit of their goals.
  • know how to present themselves, practical, and driven
  • good networkers who know how to rise through the ranks

Weaknesses:
  • afraid of being or becoming "losers"
  • sometimes find intimacy difficult
  • difficult to really know


What is the relation to what I already know?

I have taken a lot of tests like the Enneagram to know myself more. I've taken the Strengths finder, DISC Profile, Myers Briggs/ Carl Jung Tests, Love language tests, EP10, and fascination advantage tests. I treat these tests as a guide to understand myself better, know my behavior and to be aware of my tendencies. 

These tests help me to focus on my strengths and be cautious of my weaknesses. Sometimes, I tend to check on my weakness first and ask how I could improve on them. This is one of my key learning as a leader. I should maximize my strengths develop my gifts and talents instead of putting my attention on the weaknesses that I have. I could only improve my weaknesses on a certain level having a minimal increase yet when I grow my strengths I can see it improve exponentially. 

Getting to know myself through these tests is important. It helps me navigate through life understanding how to deal with events that happen to me. It also helps me be ready for the future.

As a leader, knowing ones' self is vital . It will be our guide to lead ourselves and also to lead others.


What have I done, am doing, will be doing for this topic?

I am constantly, learning more about myself and making use of my strengths. I am focusing on developing my key strengths to become the best that I could be. I am also taking some of these tests again on a yearly basis to check if something has changed. I've been these types of tests in the past and when I see certain changes I check what events or situation triggered that change. 

I find this topic really interesting as it is always fun to discover something about yourself and channel it into something positive that will benefit me and others.

I've also been sharing these tests with my team. I made them take these tests as well so that we could learn more about each other. I'm also using the results to find out each team member's strengths so I could place them where they could excel and maximize their talents. Though I'm not a psychologist and have no degree on psychology, just based on the result of our team I observed that there is a lot of benefit in understanding your team members and placing each team member where they could shine. 

As a leader: After knowing yourself, you should also know your team and these tests could serve as your guide in getting to know them further. 

Thank you for this opportunity to reflect and share some insights!  <Very good, great>

Regards, 
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment