Friday, October 16, 2015

MM Sharing Enneagram Test Results by Catherine Villanueva

Enneagram test results

You are most likely a type 2.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 2w3.
No personality test is completely accurate. Although several measures were taken to make this test as accurate as possible, there's always a chance that you are not typed correctly by it. Therefore, when deciding which Enneagram type and wing you are, you might also want to consider the types with the highest test scores on the lists below.

(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 2 - 12.3 - THE HELPER
Type 3 - 9.7 - THE ACHIEVER
Type 8 - 8.7 - THE CHALLENGER
Type 6 - 8.3
Type 1 - 8.3
Type 9 - 8

Wing 2w3 - 17.2
Wing 2w1 - 16.5
Wing 3w2 - 15.9
Wing 1w2 - 14.5
Wing 8w9 - 12.7
Wing 9w8 - 12.4
Wing 1w9 - 12.3
Wing 9w1 - 12.2
Wing 3w4 - 9.7
Wing 8w7 - 8.7
Wing 6w5 - 8.3
Wing 6w7 - 8.3

Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 7 wing
Social variant

Type 8 SO
Type 3 SO
Type 2 SX
Type 7 SP
Type 1 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 6 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 5 SX



______________________________________

What is my new learning from this exercise?

Taking into account the tests, I was identified with below types appearing to have my dominant characteristics.  Below are the traits that I think I really do have and applies in my everyday life:

Type 2 - The HELPER
- Love is the highest ideal. Selflessness is duty. Giving to others is the reason for being.  
- Warm, emotional people who care a great deal about their personal relationships, devote an enormous amount of energy to them, and who expect to be appreciated for their efforts.
- Thoroughly convinced of their selflessness, and frequently genuinely helpful and concerned about others.
- Develop a sense of entitlement when it comes to the people closest to them. Because they have extended themselves for others, they begin to feel that gratitude is owed to them. Can become intrusive and demanding if their often unacknowledged emotional needs go unmet




Type 3 - The ACHIEVER
- Hard working, competitive and are highly focused in the pursuit of their goals.
- Self-made" and usually find some area in which they can excel and thus find the external approbation which they so desperately need
- Have a lot of energy and often seem to embody a kind of zest for life that others find contagious
- Good networkers who know how to rise through the ranks
- Confuse true happiness, which depends on inner states, with the image of happiness which society has promoted.
- Even the most "successful" Threes, who generally appear quite happy, often hide a deeply felt sense of meaninglessness. The attainment of the image never quite satisfies

Type 8 - The CHALLENGER
- Unwilling to be controlled, either by others or by their circumstances; they fully intend to be masters of their fate
- Strong willed, decisive, practical, tough minded and energetic
- Tend to be domineering; their unwillingness to be controlled by others frequently manifests in the need to control others instead
- Have a sentimental side that they don't even show to their intimates, such is their fear of vulnerability. 

After deeply reflecting on these traits, I find that these types (actually of the nine types tackled in Enneagram) portrays Yin-Yang, as it plays toward a perfect balance on having the light and dark side of a leader per se.   No matter how I take the dominant characteristics being pointed to me by the test, I always ended up weighing the good and bad side of them.  To take it on briefly, being the Helper, my selfless act to others can actually be driven by a selfish cause, in which to have that sense of entitlement among the people that I have been helping or serving.  


What is the relation to what I already know?

Somehow, I already expected what would be the results of my Enneagram test. I was raised and taught since I was a child to always help others and share my blessings, no matter how little it may be. 

So far, these quotes have been a mantra that I am trying to instill in my every day life:

"Do unto others, as you want others do unto you"

This may be the reason, why the Helper profile fits me, expecting people that I have helped to do or act the same way that I have enacted to them.  

What have I done, am doing and will be doing for this topic?

As I have already found my real passion and purpose in helping others, I would like to further know myself and continue discover my authentic self. I would like to work on the following aspects:

1.  Discover more of my strengths, and believe on what I can do for myself and for others.
2.  Not compare myself with my idols, rather nurture my authentic self.
3.  Trust my guts and heart, and believe in myself more so I can also help other people propagate

No comments:

Post a Comment