Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sharing MM Enneagram Test Result by LEADER JERMITS G. RABONZA

JERMITS G. RABONZA
MM LEADER
                          

ENNEAGRAM EXERCISE
Taken September 7 and 8, 2015

After doing simulations, here are the results generated by the system:




The result indicate that I maybe a Type 2 with 3 wing. This is combination of The Helper and the Achiever.

I.  What are my new learnings from the Enneagram Test?

I am a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"
My trifix is 2w3, 7w6, 9w1.



Descriptive results:

My core type (strongest type) is Type 2 with a 3 wing:
Type Two individuals are generous and kind. Twos love others and want to be loved, and becoming close to others is a theme in the life of the Two. This is why Two is often referred to as the Helper type – because they keep coming, time and time again, to the aid of others. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, Twos are the most likely to help someone when they're feeling down or when they're being attacked.

My second type (next strongest type) is Type 7 with a 6 wing: Type Seven individuals are energetic, engaging, and playful. They have a love for life and can easily jump from one exciting topic to the next. The Type Seven thought process is a bit scattered, but that's because they are easily interested in many different things.

My third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 9 with a 1 wing: Nines are receptive, easygoing, and loveable. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, they have a special ability to get along with others. For this reason, they're often skilled mediators, resolving conflicts both within themselves and among others. Nines value peace, especially inner peace, very highly.

Processing of learnings:

II.What are my new learnings from the Enneagram Test?

I am a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"
My trifix is 2w3, 7w6, 9w1.

This is the first time I encountered this kind of personality test. I am very much fascinated with the articulations of each personality types specially the one which best described me- "The Helper Advocate"

I really didn't know what this means until I tried relating myself with the descriptions.
After reflecting on the results and simple self-assessment, they were in fact relative to what I am now.

Traits that generally describes me: relaxed, peaceful, harmonious, generous, helpful, selfless, loving, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.


If to rank these traits, I would reflect on it this way:
1.       Helpful
2.       Harmonious/ peaceful
3.       Enthusiastic/ energetic
4.       Fun (but relaxed)

From where I stand in the organization right now, we need a lot of Helper Advocates.





III.                What is the relation to what I already know?

There were some teach-back session made by colleague-leaders about personality tests. There are several similarities  of the findings which I thought worth noting:

Highlights:

You're an Eagle!

Myers-Briggs personality type: ENTJ

Both studies seem very complementary.
After doing the Enneagram test, it validated several of my personality aspects.

Strengths
I enjoy action and variety.
I am imaginative, creative problem solvers.
I take charge of situations and help people easily.
I provide big ideas for better ways of doing things.

As a partner
They can be great fun to be with, though exhausting due to their drive and determination to lead and achieve things.

At work
Natural entrepreneurs.
Over-represented in politics, hospitality, self-employment, managing people or resources, law, finance and consultancy.

Preferred roles
Inventor, entrepreneur, leader, architect.

Leadership style
Energetic, visionary, direct and organized. Task focused. Can be risk takers.
Most likely to lead from the front.

Merging the 2 gives a new leadership meaning and purpose moving forward with my life -
1.       In order for me to grow, I need to help, affect, and influence people around me.
2.       I will be motivated by people and work dynamics that will stir my creativity.
3.       I need to extend the brand of FUN to others.

IV.                What have I done, am doing and will be doing for this topic? (How can I apply them to my current role as leader in my organization?)

This is a work in progress.
As I understand the complexities of my work environment in, the Enneagram results are guidance on how to self-reflect (strengths and weaknesses) while emulating the kind leader I am and would like to become.

I want to validate my learning so I will monitor this exercise through a project. I will be overseas for a business trip next week. I will expose myself to a series of group workshops as part of our strategic planning. I intend to do the following:

1.       Reach out and help 1 co-marketer with Brand Marketing Insights.
2.       Strike a conversation with 1 foreign colleague and WIN A NEW FRIEND.
3.       I will engage a group in a fun and entertaining discussions about life and business.


I really look forward to bring that Helper Advocate concept to action.



Leader Jermits G. Rabonza


No comments:

Post a Comment