Friday, July 24, 2015

#Genogram Journey by Leader Josh

Hi Prof,
I just want to share the journey I have to go through in doing my genogram. I find it hard at first since I was born without seeing my grandparents on both sides and only 1 left among the siblings of my parents and she's very weak now and can hardly talk. I started to reconnect with my first cousins on both sides through emails, facebook, call and text messages. I find it very interesting especially my cousins on mother's side from Bicol whom I haven't met and talked to since birth. This genogram work made me realize the importance of knowing your roots. The importance of connecting with them and hearing their own stories in life and experiences with my parents. Another thing is that, all of my cousins doesn't know the birthdate and date of death including the full names of our grandparents. What I did is to ask them to visit their tombs in the cemetery and there they can see the informations I am asking. How I wish there's more time to get more details because a week is not enough although I am still planning to get more details after then. What a wonderful journey...
Thanks,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment