Saturday, July 25, 2015

Genogram by Leader Michael Manauis

July 24, 2015

Writing this genogram is a very difficult task for me. Not because of not knowing my family well because I know them too well. Rather because my father is already dying. He was diagnosed with cancer but was not reactive to chemo and radiation. He was sent home to spend the remaining days of his life with his family and his friends. Since I have a work here in Clark, I had to stay here. Yesterday, he already asked for my presence and after this class i will drive to Cagayan Valley to be with him. 

Thus with heavy heart, I'm sharing you my genogram:

Father's Side:
Grandparents:
Felipe Manauis – Lolo Ipe is the 2nd child of the 6 children. He has another 2 elder brothers from the first marriage of our great grandmother. He is a son of a shoe shine boy in Cagayan. He is dark skinned, flat nose but well groomed. When his father passed away, he stopped studying to help his elder half-brothers keep the family afloat and keep his younger siblings in school.

During the Japanese occupation, he was recruited as a guerilla soldier fighting with Juan Ponce Enrille in Cagayan.

After the war, he and his brothers then established MAN-VAL Liner from scraps of American military trucks. It was prosperous in the beginning until the Company closed due to emergence of jeepneys. He then became a delivery truck driver to Chinese businessman.

He first saw my grandmother in a kalesa. He told me that "it was love at first sight and instantly knew she is the one that he will marry". He befriended all of my grandmother's neighbors and eventually my great grandparents. With his excellent communication and interpersonal skills, he was able to marry my grandma.

Realizing his skills, he then ran for government position (town councilor). He became a favorite of the town and even became a vice mayor. However, even as a public official, he never became rich. He has 8 children and was able to let them all go to school.

Emiliana Manauis – Lola Miling was born in Ilocos. She is a mestiza, fair skinned and very beautiful. She is a daughter of the first mayor of San Vicente. Her family transferred to Cagayan during the Japanese occupation for safety purposes.

My Lola and my lolo had 8 children! She was the boss in the house making sure her children are fed, did their homework and disciplined them. She also manages to do buy and sell of palay and fruits from Kalinga and Apayao.

    Their Children:
a.       Nestor Manauis – He is my father. He is the youngest son of my grandparents. He was then a president of a fraternity in UE when he got my mom pregnant. He eventually dropped studying to work and provide for us. He was a bus driver, truck driver, jeepney driver. Overtime, he chose to assist my mother in her business and farming. He is a wide reader and has a lot of friends.

Through farming, he was able to allow me and my siblings to study. He has so many friends and very good in interpersonal skills.
b.     Renato Manauis – Tito Reny is a very intelligent man. He is a wide reader and can talk to any people on any topic. He loves crossword puzzle. He is married a Chinese Mestiza from our town. His wife is the daughter of the Chinese boss of my Grandfather.
He worked as a bus driver while his wife worked in various buy and sell to keep their family afloat. He was able to give his 4 children a proper education despite the obstacles. My cousins are now registered electrical engineer, registered industrial engineer, registered nurse and a Captain of a ship (seaman).

c.      Dahlia Manauis-Jones – After graduating college as nursing and passing the board exams, she moved to the US to work. She is now a Nursing director in the St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, Texas. She is now married to an African-American and have 1 child. She seldom comes home in PH but has continuous communication with her.
d.      Emerson Manauis – Tito Emer is a government worker and married to a teacher. He has 6 children. Although they struggled financially when his children were studying, they were able pass that and now living a retired life.
e.      Manolo Manauis – Worked as a supervisor Tetrapak in Saudi Arabia. He worked there for more than 20years until his retirement recently. He is now residing in Philippines and managing his farm.
f.        Eva Manauis – Macababbad – Is an OB-Gyne. She is considered as the intelligent and studious person in the family. She was a salutatorian in high school and a consistent dean's listed in FEU. Every time she was on vacation in Cagayan, she was my tutor. She will always spend time to read with me.
I grew up with her. She was my usual benefactor whenever I ran out of allowance. She is a disciplinarian but a generous aunt.

g.       Liza Manauis – Escosura – is a registered nurse now residing in the US. As the youngest she is the favorite of all brothers and specially my father. I grew up with her since I was born when she was still in grade school. She assisted with my assignments and other school projects. She is very generous.
Mother's Side:
Grandparents:
Galicano Silva – "Tatang" was born a poor man. He was a son of a farmer who doesn't own lands. He then worked hard and became a dry goods business and owned farms lots. 
He became a president of the public market organization in our town. He used to tell me stories about ghosts and how they fought the Japanese in World War 2. He wake up daily @ 4am to open his stores and tends to his farm. He doesn't own any vehicles and just walk to work (market and farm) every day. He taught me how to plant and harvest corn and palay. He basically taught me how farm.

Leonora Silva – "Nanang" a housewife and supporter of my grandfather. She also wakes up daily @4am to tend with breakfast of the family, clean the house and feed pigs, ducks, chicken etc. They have a lot of animals in the house. On market days, she will be assisting my grandfather in the market selling dry goods.

Their Children:
a.       Rosalia Silva – Manauis – She is my mother. She is the 3rd child in the family. She loves to sing. She was a varsity of basketball in CEU during college days. After giving birth to me, she continued her studies and then worked as a social worker. She would go to indigent places in Cagayan and assisted people.
She eventually gave up her social welfare work and focused on the dry goods business and farming.  With this she and my father was able to get us education.
b.      Nenita Silva – Genobili – She is the eldest child in the family. She works in the local hospital She a very thrift person and usually keeps her money in the bank. She was the only one working in her family but still was able to get my cousins in school.
c.       Norman Siva – After graduating, he immediately opened up his business and also ventured to farming.  He was the breadwinner in his family. He loves to sing and I always request him to sing "You've Got a Friend" because he sounds like the singer.
Just like my grandfather, he really worked hard to get his children education. His daughter is now a registered nurse in Canada and working on getting the whole family there.
d.      Ariel Silva – He graduated as engineer and worked abroad for a few years. When he came back, he ventured into jeepney business and farming. He and his family migrated to the US when his wife was hired as SPED teacher in Virginia.

My Siblings:
    1.       Hueblein Marie Manauis – She was born on July 31, 1986. She likes to dance and is also a registered nurse. She is now married and has 2 kids. She is a very passionate mother and sister. She stopped working to take care of my mother who died last year and my father who is a cancer patient. She took the nursing board exams 3 times but never gave up. She will always tell me that she can pass the board.
    2.       Nestor Manauis Jr. – He was born on November 4, 1992. He is still a student finalizing his thesis. He already transferred to 3 different schools and hopefully will graduate this year. He is very good in rapport and interpersonal skills. He had twice more girls than I had in my lifetime. He loves computers games and addicted to anime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment