Friday, July 31, 2015

Reflection Paper 2 - Internal and External Factors that Shaped me as a Leader




What shaped me to become the Leader I am now?
Submitted by:
Leader Dr.Joseph George G. Tamayo
           
1.External- what are family, environment school and you that shape you today?
           
            My parents came from a poor family. Although financially they were poor but with good brains, they became a doctor and nutritionist. Both were graduates of UP. Changes in our family structure were one of the significant factor that affected our family life and relationship. My parents experienced a large factor from being poor then becoming a more comfortable life. The change in the status of my parents yielded a big impact where we live, where we went to school or where our family grew. Different situations or changes within the family can have a smaller or larger impact on relationship with others. My parents enrolled me in a Masbate and Pampanga where I gain good knowledge from my school . It was also inculcated in my mind that I would become a rich doctor. I thought then that I don't have any talents that I would use in the future except my good brain. As a student I excelled at science and math and dreamed of being a physician just like my father. It exposed me of how a medical school was and taught me a program that created a pipeline into the said medical school. UST shaped me of becoming a good doctor. Most mornings began with grand rounds, lectures axed on different topics each week: cardiology, neurology, pathology etc. It was also in UST where I met my wife and started my own family of the future. Our medical school had shown and solidified our dream. Being a doctor gave me diverse opportunities and provided me a vast amount of benefits


2. Internal - your values, strength and weakness and how do they affect on how you decide act
            One of the lesson passed to me as a child is you can't just have a dream, you have to do something about making them. You must get up, study hard and work hard. I see dreams an essential to winning and they start to move toward reality, that is what I called VISION. That is developing your dream into something. It all started when I was in high school in Pampanga from dreams to visions. I remembered that if there was no vision your education will not succeed, your marriage will fail, your family will be a dysfunction and your money will disappear.
            When you make a choice to call yourself a leader, you have to declare that passivity is no longer an option. It is not for the weak and the timid, it requires tremendous backbone and tremendous strength.
            I also discovered that fear would kill my dreams and ruin my life. I had to come up with a system to deal with it. I do not want to make a decision based on fear or else you will not have a choice of being a leader.
            I learned that we should not forget to seek the counsel of our spouse, don't do many stupid things without the wise counsel of your wife. I absolutely, thoroughly learned the hard way of this important principle. Don't do things on your own.
3. How do they prepare for your own future challenges?
            I am generous with my services, products and profits. This prepare my life for my own future challenges. Being generous is a hallmark of people who live successful lives. It is associated with a greatest joy. As a doctor I usually have a free clinic care for my patients. I do not expect a good return of money for my services. What I want is to serve my patients. In connection with this, I usually stay out of debt, don't buy what is needed to make a profit and save cash for me to win. Generous is a big part of my life and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment