Tuesday, July 21, 2015

MY GENOGRAM by LEADER DR. MA. LOURDES GUEVARRA - LAGUNILLA

MY GENOGRAM by LEADER DR. MA. LOURDES GUEVARRA - LAGUNILLA
1.MY PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS
My paternal grandparents Maximo Guevarra are Delilah Capitulo from Capas Tarlac. Both were deceased before I was born. My father told stories that my grandfather was a farmer and was highly regarded and an intelligent man as he was always consulted for problems of their barrio.. My grandmother is a housewife. They had 10 children as follows, my uncles and my aunts.

II. My uncles and Aunts ( PATERNAL side)
1. Alberto -( deceased) is an engineer married to a teacher. Both have always selfish interests for properties of the family.
2. Jose Tor -( deceased) an accountant married to a nurse who migrated to Canada
3. Dominador( deceased) an engineer married to a nurse who migrated to Chicago, USA
4. Galicano ( deceased) my father, a teacher and worked as an X-ray Technician at Clark Sir Base. married my mother Trinidad a telephone operator who also worked at Clark Air Base.
5. Lucia ( deceased) - a teacher married to a farmer
6. Ofelia ( deceased) - a teacher married to an employee at Clark Air Base. She died in a vehicular accident with her husband and younger brother Zoilo and wife Dely.
7. Zoilo. ( deceased) an accountant married to a teacher who died early in marriage life leaving 4 orphaned children. My orphaned cousins were taken cared of by their maternal grandparents. They all became professionals.
8. Jorge ( deceased ) , a teacher married also to a teacher.
9. Caridad ( living and single) was not able to go to finish College for being very sickly and is living with the wife of the eldest brother
10. Porfirio ( living) a graduate of BS Commerse married to a teacher with 4 successful children a doctor, a nurse, a teacher , and an engineer
All my uncles and aunts who became professional were all working students. Everyone was focused on their studies as self supporting as there were no financial resources . My uncles and aunts were all intelligent, and hard working and would engage in discussions and arguments especially on money matters. . There was a family feud for meager properties which have remained unsettled till present. I would like to consider my paternal uncles and aunts , all leaders, since they were all focused to finish their college degree to be their ticket to success. They were all assertive in their own right to win every argument or discussion. Everyone must have a point whether it was the best or second best. They may have not been the leaders of organizations or politicians but they led their life well and send their children to college.



III. MY MATERNAL GRANDPARENTS
They are Teodolo and Pelagia Lingat, both farmers. They have three children
IV. MY UNCLE AND AUNTS. (MATERNAL side)
1. Julia ( deceased ) married and widowed early in marriage. A very successful clothes retail store. Her eldest son became a doctor, a cardiologist , practiced in United Staes and dieddidn't his early 40s
2. Trinidad ( deceased) , my mother , initially a telephone operator at Clark Air Base , and resigned when she got married to my father. My mother took up dressmaking vocational course as a working mother. To meet our financial needs my mother sew clothes and curtains while she also sell a cloth materials in a public market.
3. Felicidad ( deceased ) married to an employee at Clark Sir Base ,also a businesswoman
4. Servillano ( deceased) , a farmer and poultry owner married to a teacher
My maternal uncle and aunt were all business minded and all preoccupied to help in the family finances and bring their children well.
V. MY PARENTS
My father, Galicano is a very intelligent man. He went through his College education with his GI Bill of rights scholarship by virtue of being a Filipino Veteran of World War II. He was a self supporting student, working at the same time as an xray technician at Clark Air Base. I remember him telling me that US doctors would consult him of the images he develops on X-rays maybe due to his experience. He is a very hard working man as he worked overtime especially during the Vietnam War, There were a lot of American casualties air lifted to Clark Air Base who he had to do X-ray of dead bodies. The money he earned from his hard work sustained our studies, daily living and some capital for the retail store of my mother. He has always told us that the only legacy he can give us is education for he has no property to leave behind. He always emphasized to us " education will always remain in U.S. And will bring us to our goals and dreams". Our family could not afford socialization with other families. My parents were focused on earning a living . During weekend, whenever my father has free time he will bring us to Bamban river to have a picnic bringing with us canned corn beef and turnips which were buried in cold sand near the river. We always missed celebrating holidays and weekends since we have to help in our retail store. My father must have been preoccupied earning a living though at one time organized a civic organization named The PIONEERS" . This civic organization provided employment of out of school youths in furniture shops own by some businessmen members. The GI Bill of Rights scholarship was passed on to my brother , Renato who finished Chemical engineering at De La Salle , Taft. Eventually, the scholarship was passed on to me to finished my BSMedical Technology and Doctor of Medicine. My father got sick of Parkinson's disease shortly before he retired and died in 1985 of " heart attack " only a months when he saw me start my clinic at a carport area of our house.

My mother, Trinidad was a. hardworking businesswoman, wife and mother. Unfortunately my mother has working capital all from textiles loaned from wholesalers. We content ourselves in earning minimum profit since we had to pay loaned textiles. As early as my high school days I have realized that this kind of business is an unending job whic favor only the the capitalists. My mother missed attending very important awarding ceremonies for our school accomplishments being very busy especially during graduations and holidays. I was very persistent to study and earned honors in Grade School and graduated Salutatorian at the Holy Angel University. I pursued my college courses at Far Eastern University which acknowledge my GI Bill of Rights scholarship.. My mother passed away in 2007 at AUFMC Intensive Care Unit exactly the same day our first born child Kristina Therese graduated with the Degree of Doctor of Medicine at the University of Santo Tomas.
I am the 4th child of 5 .

VI. MY SIBLINGS are
1. Abelardo eldest, graduated B.S. marketing at San Beda College, married with 4 sons and migrated to Canada. 3 children are all professionals and the youngest finished senior high school and decided to work. During his high school he became class President . While in the Philippines, my brother worked as a Medical representative at the United American Pharmaceuticals. During his territorial assignment n Angeles City he became a president of the Jaycees Kuliat.
2. Renato, graduated as Chemical Engineer at De La Salle University, Taft , married to a nurse with 3 children migrated to Canada.
3. Dante , a College undergraduate, married to a business woman, with 2 children. The eldest was a graduating Nursing student at SUF when she was diagnosed for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and died before she graduated.
4.Ma. Remedios , a nurse married to a Filipino American migrated to United States with 2 children in College.
What does your genogram tell about your success.?
Majority of my uncles and aunts and my siblings finished College and are professionals. Some of them opted to work abroad. None of us went to politics. My grandfather must have been a leader , though with no exact title as far as I know but was sought for advices in their barrio. My father was able to organize a civic organization " The Pioneers" to help out of school youths worked and eearned their living . My eldest brother as previously noted became Class President and President of Angeles Jaycee Kuilat.

CONCLUSION:
Were you born or were you developed.? What does your genogram tell about your success.?

At least I have a grandfather , a father and and a brother who became leaders. They represent the different generations of our family tree. I feel I have also these genes. These genes including the challenges I went through made me discover my potentials as a leader. Early in grade school I was always elected as a class officer and because of good handwriting has always been a class secretary. I also had academic achievements without much effort initially only to realize that I could do better from a Third Honorable mention in Elementary to Salutatorian in High School. I joined the Military training in 3rd year High School and became Battalion Commander. I was then small and skinny but was able to prove myself to lead a Battalion.
My father who has worked all his time with the U.S. base has always emphasized to be on time be it in school , or church. This I carry on till now. Seldom do I get late and these must be explained by some circumstances beyond my control like attending to the needs of my patients as a top priority.
I was chosen as the only intern from Far Eastern University and given the privilege to take Medical Technology internship at Subic Naval Base from a class of 400 students. I was with the top students of Medical Technology from The University of Santo Tomas and The Philippine Women's University. This is where I earned a stipend of P 1000.00 a month which relieved my parents of their obligations of my allowance. Only at Subic Naval Base Hospital can an intern have a stipend being still an undergraduate.
Right after I passed the Physicians licensure examination in 1982 , our family lost our sources of income , our textile store which got burned with the public market. My father has retired in the past 5 years. I wanted to migrate to the United States and pursue my dream to go to specialty training. Our family resources could not afford . My boyfriend was determined to pursue his career here and I decided to stay.
Given no choice, I had to leave home , earn my bread and butter and start my Residency in Pediatrics at the Hospital of Infant Jesus in Dimasalang Manila. As a First year resident , I was tasked to teach an incoming first year resident then, since I tendered my resignation. I felt I must have done well as a First Year resident to be designated to teach the incoming resident. I earned just enough to support me and because my husband to be then already planned to get married, I applied in government training hospital Lungsod ng Kabataan , now Philippine Children's Medical Center. It was not easy to go through training as there was hierarchy at work. As a first year , you do almost everything , occasionally ridiculed by seniors and even abused. With limited resources especially financial, it was very challenging. I kept to myself that someday I can prove to all I can make it. It was not easy also to go through pregnancy during training and it is no excuse to be pregnant to accomplish all requirements. I was so driven and passionate with my work right after I graduated from the residency. I had to earn a living for our family, since my husband then just started his residency training.
All these challenging moments in every chapter of my life may be circumstantial though destined to happen and divinely inspired to bring the best in my genes to become an authentic leader.

Leader Dr. Ma. Lourdes G. Lagunilla  (Very good Leader Mam Daisy;  thanks for sharing.   Being able to rise to greater achievement despite lack of material and financial resources is being spiritual, being transcendent.  It is a miracle)




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment