Sunday, July 26, 2015

Genogram of Leader Oliver Pabillon

Genogram of Leader Oliver Pabillon

1)      Grandparents
a)      Father's Side
i)        Domingo Razon Pabillon Sr., died 1989, college undergraduate, painter, carpenter and mason. Taught me English language and how to use the dictionary when I was in grade school. Eldest among two siblings:
(1)    Jesabel P.Pring, only finished elementary, no stable work, no information about children.
(2)    Elena P. Tamayo, only finished elementary, no stable work, no information about children.
ii)       Honsanna Enriquez Lejarde, died 2007, only finished elementary, sold candies and stuff at a nearby elementary school in our town. Third among ten siblings:
(1)    Eloy, high school graduate, tailor.
(2)    Wilfrido, high school graduate, fisherman.
(3)    Halleluia, high school graduate, amateur singer.
(4)    Biblico, college graduate, elementary teacher.
(5)    Evangelico, hish school graduate, fisherman.
(6)    Redentor, college graduate, US Navy, now living is US with children.
(7)    Dorcas, elementary graduate, dress maker.
(8)    Abel, college graduate, US Navy, had two sons, both living in the US.
(9)    Pilipinas, elementary graduate, vendor.


b)      Mother's Side
i)        Pedro Suing Gatip, still active at 78, was not able to finish elementary, was a fisherman all his working days until the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo where the river dried due to lahar. Parents were fisherman and fish vendor. Since we live along the Coast of Pampanga River in Guagua, almost every people there were fishermen and fish vendors. He said life was simple then. The family was satisfied with daily blessings of food and resources from the river. Little did they knew that the river once full of life is now gone. His sentiments in life includes on not sending his children to school up to college. He became content that they depended upon the river for a living. He is thankful that one of his son Rodel, pursued his studies and was able to finish his Commerce course and lad a decent job. Now, He reminds his grandchildren and great grandchildren on how important education is to one's success and purpose in life. He is third among four siblings:
(1)    Placido, elementary graduate, fisherman.
(2)    Irene Lusung, did not finish elementary, fish vendor.
(3)    Cornelia Esguerra, education unknown, fish vendor.
ii)       Redencion Gatus Enriquez, died 2003, college undergraduate, fish vendor. Eldest among four siblings:
(1)    Eden Lejarde, college undergraduate, fish vendor.
(2)    Lerma Buscas, elementary graduate, fish vendor.
(3)    Rosy Rivera, high school graduate, fish vendor.
2)      My Parents
a)      Father, Domingo L. Pabillon Jr., was not able to finish elementary, a fisherman, tailor, carpenter, painter and construction worker. Most of his years were spent either in fishing or as laborer in constructing houses. My father gave up his schooling early just to work and support the schooling of his siblings. With his support, one of my Uncle, Vergel, was able to finish college. When he had the opportunity to work in Saudi, he continued to support his parents and siblings. His savings were spent during my Lolo's illness from 1987 to 1989. It was after those years when our life became a little tough. I remember my father taught me how to be independent and do things on my own when I was young. I learned from him how to repair broken things around the house. I also learned from him on how to play the piano and guitar. Just last month He was diagnosed with acute renal failure due to the pain killers he was taking to relieve his pain from arthritis. He also has problems with his prostate and lungs. He tells me the reason why he is suffering all of these diseases was because He works very hard when he was still young. He is already doing construction work on his teenager years. He used to help my grandfather in painting houses and varnishing the furniture. Although he did not smoke maybe the chemicals from the paint and varnish affected his organs in the long run. He is eldest among nine siblings:
(1)    Rico Pabillon, education unknown, tailor, had four children, now living in the US with their daughter, son is a bank teller, and eldest daughter is a business woman, while the youngest daughter is working in the field of IT in Dubai with husband.
(2)    Myrna Solon, dressmaker, had only daughter working on a call center.
(3)    Vergel, graduated BS Commerce at Guagua National Colleges by the financial support from my father. He is now managing a small business. He is a retired Branch Manager of then Equitable PCI Bank (27 years), and worked as Branch Manager of Maybank (10 years). Had a son who graduated double degree BS Applied Economics and Accountancy at De La Salle University, a CPA Board Passer and just recently got promoted as Audit Manager at Isla Lipana& Co. PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Daughter graduated Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Major in Mathematical Finance at the Ateneo de Manila University and Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction at Asian Institute of Management, currently Manager for Corporate and Investment Banking at Citibank N.A. I grew up together with these two cousins of mine with their father as my mentor. Because our age gaps are not that far, it was just like I am a brother to them and I felt like I was adopted. When I was reviewing for my board exam, I lived with them while they were still studying in college. I helped them do their homework and projects. My Uncle supported me financially from college up to my review. He gives me advice until up to now about my work and dealings. He played an important role in encouraging me to take and pass the board Exam. He always tells me that the fate of my siblings lies in me. I should strive harder to help my siblings finish their school. He told me that it was due to my father's help why he was able to finish his college and eventually land a decent job that paved the way for his success. My father sacrificed his studies just to work and support my Uncle to finish his degree. Although my Uncle did not take the CPA Board Exam, still he managed to climb the ladder of success and produced three young leader achievers (that includes me).
(4)    Rebecca, education unknown, single, no work, met an accident when she was a child that affected her way of thinking, but more or less she's still normal.
(5)    Edgar Pabillon, graduated BS Commerce, did not use degree to land a decent job but instead settled to be a carpenter and skilled mason. Had three children, one a SPED Teacher, while the other two are taking up engineering course.
(6)    Christian Gatip, graduated BS Elementary Education, working as Day Care Teacher at Guagua, married to my Uncle (Raul Gatip, mother side), have a son taking up BS Accountancy at Holy Angel University and a daughter taking Medical Technology at St. Luis University.
(7)    Olivet, single, elementary teacher.
(8)    Christopher, graduated BS Electrical Engineering at Mapua Institute of Technology, currently working in Saudi Arabia. Have a daughter taking pre-med at the Angeles University Foundation. Her youngest daughter is still in high school.
b)      Mother, Lorna Enriquez Gatip, only managed to finish elementary; she married my father after turning eighteen. She became plain housewife and reared us on how to become good, loving and God-fearing children. She taught us good manners and how to treat other people nicely. Since both my parents did not even reach high school, they were not able to teach or tutor us when it comes to academics. My mother is very hardworking; I compare her to a superwoman. When our life became tough after my father went back here from abroad and in just a few years his savings were already spent. My father suffered from Arthritis and he cannot work just like before, although he sometimes accepts carpentry jobs from nearby Barangay. It was just enough for our daily living. My mother augmented our family's income by selling "chicharon", ice candy, rice and corn. But still sometimes, it's not enough. I remembered when I was in my senior high school I only had one white polo uniform that I have to laundry every night just to wear it clean the next day. In college, my brother shared pants and shirt since we are the same size. I will wash his shirt during the night so I may wear it the next day. That's how it was back then. My mother also helps my grandparent's family in sharing for the food. Since we live in one house with them and my uncle and aunts, two kilos of rice every meal was sometimes not enough. My mother is the fourth among the nine siblings.
(1)    Romy, college undergraduate, factory worker, married early, got separated after ten years. Now living with two children, one a freelance photographer and the other is running her own business.
(2)    Rodeo, graduated BS Commerce, retired early after suffering from eye cataract, now a tricycle driver in Balanga, Bataan. Eldest daughter is running a small business, second daughter is working at Metrobank in Bataan, and the youngest is still in college.
(3)    Lorna, my mother.
(4)    Rodel, graduated BS Commerce, worked at CAP Philippines, helped his siblings go to college. This Uncle of mine is also my Mentor. He also supported me during my college days. He was able to migrate to Australia with his wife who was petitioned by her brother. Of all the siblings, he is the most successful, because up to now he still supports his them. His eldest son John is a licensed Architect in Melbourne and is now taking up Masters in New York. His only daughter Victoria is a CPA in Australia and currently taking up Masters there. These two cousins of mine were also close to me when we were still young before they migrated to Australia. I used to teach them on their lessons in grade school.
(5)    Loida, college undergraduate, factory worker in Mariveles, Bataan, was retrenched by the company which closed operations. Was not able to find a stable job since then. Now taking care of my grandfather in Bataan.
(6)    Raul, married to my Auntie from father side (Christian Pabillon). Their eldest son was first honor in grade school, valedictorian in high school and now taking up BS Accountancy at Holy Angel University, a consistent Dean's Lister. Their daughter, second honor in grade school, salutatorian in high school and now taking Medical Technology o her first year at St. Luis University.
(7)    Ric, college undergraduate, now a tricycle driver in Bataan. Three children still studying high school and elementary.
(8)    Randy, graduated BS Commerce, but did not pursue it, now is working as factory worker in Taiwan with wife. Their only daughter is still studying nursing course.
(9)    Rommel, graduated BS IT at AMA University, now living in Australia with wife. No children yet. Managed to buy some properties in Bataan. He supports my Grandfather and Auntie in Bataan.
3)      My Siblings
(1)    Ian, graduated Accountancy only in year 2004, four years after I passed the board exam. I supported him financially. Now working in Singapore as Accountant. Has a seven year old son who is in grade two. He supports my father in terms of his medicines and other expenses.
(2)    Jonathan, graduated Business Management, still single, now helping my mother run a small chicharon business. He was diagnosed with Leukemia just last year. He is high spirited and maintains a healthy lifestyle.
(3)    Olivia, graduated Accountancy a year after my eldest brother. We supported his studies. Now she is working as an Accountant on one of our clients. Still single, supports our cousins with their schooling.
(4)    Eunice, graduated Computer Science, now running her own business in Porac. Married with one four-year old son and another one coming out in a few months. She also helps in supporting our other cousins with their schooling.
Conclusion
My family's lineage were not like the Lazatins in Pampanga , the Aquinos-Cojuangcos in Tarlac, the Romualdez-Marcos of Leyte and Ilocos, or even the Ampatuans in Mindanao.  Based on my Genogram, we basically come from a lineage of fishermen, fish vendors, tailor and carpenters. The early generations almost did not even reach high school, maybe because of their situations and the environment around them back then when life was simple in the barrios. Not until Mt. Pinatubo erupted that affected their sources of income. That drastic change in the environment paved the way for us to realize that there is more to life than just fishing. The generation before me were leaders in their own way because they were able to cope with the changes and realized that their dependence with the bounties of the river is not forever. So they instilled the value of education. Others just settled with an easy life and depended on support from other relatives. I am thankful that some emerged as authentic leaders just like my two Uncles from both sides, Vergel and Rodel, which supported me in my studies and encouraged me to look ahead and see a brighter future. Starting from me (because I am the second eldest for my generation) education played an important role in molding me on what I am today. My siblings and other cousins followed me and saw in me the importance of education especially when I passed the board exam. The reality of not being born as leaders is not a hindrance to not becoming a good one. Some of us were made or transformed to be leaders due to external factors and realizing from within ourselves that the future brings a lot more than just what our ancestors have settled with.  Starting from my generation, there are no more fishermen, no more tailors, no more carpenters and laborers. We were led to become future leaders of the next generation of our family through education and self awareness.  <very good conclusion.  Happy birthday last Friday and thanks for spending this with the community of Leaders>

1 comment:

  1. Welcome po Prof. Thank you also for the lectures and new learning. 'Twas a very fruitful journey together with the Leaders.

    ReplyDelete