Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My Genogram by Leader Rophele Ocampo

Genogram

My Parents:
Zoila C. Ocampo (Mother) – My mom was born on July 2, 1957. She is the youngest among the 9 siblings in the family. She is a Commerce graduate and earned her degree in Holy Angel University in Angeles City, Pampanga. Roots from the barrio of Bical, Mabalacat Pampanga, my mother spent most of her High School and College days with her older sisters who are living already in Angeles City at that time. She used to help in the business of her sister (Auntie During) who is a known dress maker in the City during those days. After graduation she had worked in the manufacturing business (Auntie Neh) of her another sister. I really don’t know exactly the job she was into then, but in general, I can say she was in charge of the Operations. My mom told me that after college, she wanted to try her opportunity in Manila but my Grandmother does not want her to go. She was crying because at that time communication is very hard when you are apart. My mom told me that it is like your considered dead when you are far from each other. My mom also did business offering food for the employees of nearby establishments of where they live for additional income. For more than 15 years, she served in the manufacturing business of my Auntie. The company had to close because of the labor competition in China. My mom started a business of her own. She asked, bought, or given a sewing machine from the manufacturing company of my Auntie and from there she started doing curtains, pillows, draperies, table and chair cover etc. The business is not that large, my mom treated it more like a hobby. She told me she is happy when she sees her customer happy and she was able to convert the house into a beautiful home. 

Arnel B. Ocampo (Father) – My dad was born March 16, 1956. He is also the youngest among the 9 Siblings in the family. My father is a Banker by profession. He is a graduate of Banking and Finance in Holy Angel University in Angeles Pampanga. He is from Barangay San Jose, Angeles City. My father also came from a poor family. He started working on an early age (around 16 years old) in order to finance his education. He worked in a hardware owned by his uncle together with his cousins. After graduation, he applied in Security Bank Corporation. First he was assigned in Angeles City but later on transferred to the Head Office in Makati. He served the bank for more than 18 years, he started from the ranks. He was a book keeper and climbed the corporate ladder until he became a Bank Manager before he left the bank. After Security Bank, he transferred to East West Bank. He worked there as a branch Manager, he was assigned to different branches of different locations. From I remember, he was assigned in Paranaque, he had a special project in Ilo-Ilo where he stayed there for 2 years, and then he was assigned back in Manila, then in Pampanga then back in Manila. Before he retired, he was the head of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Banking of the bank. He served the bank for 15 years. His retirement came early because he got sick and was diagnose of Diabetes and Vertigo and he was 52 years old. He helps my mom in the business.



My Siblings:
Engineer Kenny Roujin C. Ocampo (Brother) – My brother is the eldest among us siblings. He was born on January 05, 1982. He is an Electronics and Communications Engineering graduate at the University of Santo Tomas. He was a dean’s lister when he graduated. He is currently working in an Australian Telecom Company, Optus Telecoms as a Senior Network Engineer based in Melbourne Australia. He is already in his 7th year in the country and company. I believe that my brother is the most intelligent among us siblings. He was always the most focus, determined, and competitive in reaching his dreams and aspirations. He was a Valedictorian in Pre-School; Valedictorian in Elementary; Graduated with High Honors in High School. After College, he was able to get a job in Globe Telecom, he worked there as a Network Engineer. After Globe Telecom he was acquired by its subsidiary, Innove Communications. He left the company when he got an opportunity to work abroad. He was hired by Optus Telecom directly. He said he is doing everything because he wanted a more comfortable life and he is now living his life abroad.
Ila Krisel C. Ocampo (Sister) – My sister is the youngest in the family. She was born on February 14, 1989. She is an Information Technology graduate at the University of Santo Tomas. She is currently working for Marquee Mall as a Point of Sales Administrator under Ayala Mall’s Group. This is her first job and she is already in her 6th year of service to the company. Like my brother, my sister is also consistent in the honor roll during elementary days. I do not know much about her high school days because we are of different school but what I know is she is very active with extra-curricular activities in the school at that time and she was also able to receive various awards. 

Mother Side Family:
Grand Parents:
Romulo Catacutan (Deceased) - My Lolo is one of the settlers in the barrio of Bical. He was the longest and first barangay captain of the barangay. He served the barrio for more than 2 decades. He was a farmer and a barangay captain at the same time. I was not able to meet my Lolo because my mom is the youngest among the children. He was called by his alias “Mulong”. My mother told me that he was well loved by the people in the barrio because he was a good barangay captain. He was very generous and caring for the people in the barrio. All of the people run into him when in need. He died when he was 62 years old.
Pacita Catacutan (Deceased) – My Lola is like the “Imelda” of the barrio. Since my Lolo is the barangay captain, My Lola is the first lady. My mother told me that my Lola also has leadership in the barrio. All of the women in barrio respected her and follows her. She is like their leader. I was able to witness it, that even if my Lolo is dead she still have friends and followers and it is very obvious that she is the leader in that pack by how she acts when she is with them. My Lola did not work, I can say she is always alongside by my Lolo may it be in the farm or in politics. My Lola’s family is rich but he chose to love a simple man that is my Lolo. My Lola died last 2003 due to old age.
Their Children:
Alicia Catacutan (Deceased) - She is the oldest in the Family. She did not finish her studies because of their situation at that time. Being the oldest in among the siblings, she helped my Lola in taking good care of them. She was not also been able to have her family because she intended her life to take care of her siblings. At the time their siblings have their own family, she took care of her nephews and nieces including us. And at the time my Lolo died, she took care of my Lola. My Aunt died of old age last 2013.
Amado Catacutan - My uncle is a Farmer. He was the one who helps my Lolo in the farm. He was the only boy in the Family because my other uncle died during the Martial Law. He was the one who continued the profession of my Lolo. He was married to my Auntie Beth who died at an early age because of Cancer. My uncle has 5 children namely: Regie, Nelda, Juaquin, Renan, and Alexander. My cousin Kuya Regie, Kuya Juaquin, and Kuyan Xander are Seaman, Ate Nelda works at Mabalacat Waterworks and married to the Board Member of the first district of Mabalacat, Cris Garbo. Kuya Renan is an entrepreneur and his business is with lights and sounds for entertainment.
Anita Liwanag – Auntie Aning is a retired public school teacher. After she retired as a teacher, she run for Barangay Kagawad in the same barrio where my Lolo served as a barangay captain and she is on her second term now. She married at a young age, but she continued her college education until she was able to finish it. She is also very active in her religion. She is a born again Christian. She was married to my Uncle Boy who worked abroad and after as a Bus Driver. They had 5 kids namely: Tess, Arlene, Bong, Arnel, and Pinky.  
Adoracion Maxwell – Auntie During as we call her. Auntie During’s profession is a dress maker or fashion designer as the term called nowadays. She was known during her time; rich people in the city and even in other cities/region are mostly her customers and know her. She even dresses some popular celebrities. Aside from her business in made to order dresses and gowns, my Aunt is also a good cook or chef because she studied culinary under Sylvia Reynoso and even abroad. She opened a restaurant “Cusina ni During”. The restaurant operated for a decade but they decided to close it since her partner got sick and she also got tired of operating the restaurant. My auntie became successful and was able to help her siblings including my mom in their education. She did not graduate or earns a degree because of their financial situation at that time. She even worked with her Aunt (Lola’s side) as helper when she was young for her to help the family. She was able to meet and marry an American when her rich Aunt took her to America. They adopted a child as their baby because my aunt was not able to have a baby of her own. She took care of the child like her own. Right now the child is a registered nurse and is about to marry his fiancĂ©.
Asuncion Briones – Auntie Neh works in the Department of Tourism for Region 3. She graduated in Angeles University Foundation as a Cum Laude in Commerce. She is married to my Uncle Jose Briones, who is an activist during the Martial Law, Entrepreneur, owns a Garments Factory where my Mom had worked, and an employee also in the Garments Factory in Manila. They have 4 children namely: Danvic, Junjun, Jojo, and Joy. At the peak of her career, my Auntie did not even hesitate to share her blessings. And up to now even she is already retired, she still shares her blessings or helps her siblings.
Aurora Liwanag – Auntie Ora is a plain housewife. She was not able to work because she was not able to finish her college since she married a young age. Her husband Uncle Ed works a driver for trucks also. Uncle Ed met an accident and had his leg amputated making him not able to work also. They had 6 children namely: Edwin, Bong, Dalyn, Edith, J.R., and Ethel.
Romulo Catacutan Jr. – Uncle Boy died at an early age. He was an activist and a member of the NPA during the time of Martial Law. He was caught and shot by the military.
Augusta Nunag – Auntie Beh was married to Uncle Emy whom he met during her college days in Republic of Central College. They had 4 children namely: Ronnel, Ivy, Emer, and Reina. Auntie was a housewife until she tried working in the company of my Aunt Neh and Uncle Jo. She left there and when the time “Cusina ni During” has opened she also worked there and left. She started to be an entrepreneur wherein she made curtains for orders and later on opened her own grill/restaurant at their house. They have closed the restaurant when their petition for USA has arrived. They went to the states together with Uncle Emy, and Reina. Kuya Emer followed. Right now my Auntie works at Ritz Carlton Hotel in California in the Housekeeping.

Grand Parents: Father Side
Vicente Ocampo (Deceased) – My Lolo is a school bus driver. I haven’t had the chance to meet my Lolo. All I know is that he is “Maporma” because whenever I style myself, my relatives from my father side tells me that I am like my Lolo. According to them, my Lolo won’t leave the house without styling his hair with pomade.
Concordia Ocampo (Deceased) – My Lola on the other hand is a teacher. I was not able to meet also my Lola because she died even before I was born. According to my mom and dad, my Lola is a disciplinarian. It is maybe because of her profession that made her to be one.
Their Children:
Ludivina Tanpoco (Deceased) – My Aunt Ludy is a teacher by profession. She was married to Uncle John. They had children namely: John-Roderic, John-Rowland, John-Ronald, and Jocelyn. They migrated to Canada when I was still young that is why I really don’t have that much encounter with them. Auntie Ludy died of Colon Cancer while my Uncle John died of Lung Cancer.
Rebecca Dizon – Auntie Beth is also a teacher by profession. After she retired from teaching she became a Sales Agent in realty.  Married to her husband Uncle Rodolfo but later on have their marriage annulled. They migrated also in the United States of America during the late 80’s and have lived there. They have children namely: Gilbert Alan, Mary Anne, and Adrianne. According to my Dad, Auntie Beth has a twin but died during birth.
Paulita Yu – Auntie Lita is also a teacher by profession. They also migrated in the United States. She worked as a Medical Transcriptionist there. She was married to my Uncle Frank who is an Architect. They had 5 children namely: Reginald, Regina, Roginelli, Pinky and Roseanne
Isabel Cunan – Auntie Boots is a plain housewife married to my Uncle Rene. My uncle did not want my Auntie to work because my uncle is already working abroad and wanted to just take care of their children namely: Gigi, Alwin, Joel and Rochelle.
Nonita Isip – Auntie Nonet is also a teacher by profession. He was married to my Uncle Joselito who then works at RPN 9 in the production department before he availed of his early retirement. They had 5 children: Rendy, Owie, Rommel, Marco and Mylene
Teresita Wingco - Auntie Tessie is also a teacher. She is a Pre-school teacher. She loves children but she was not able to have a biological one. She is married to my Uncle Tony. Uncle Tony has also worked abroad who died of Lung Cancer.
Miriam Garcia – Auntie Miriam is also a teacher by profession, married to his husband Uncle Erick who is an Architect. They had only one child, Ryan. They migrated to Canada at the early 90’s. My Auntie Miriam has work in a bank and my uncle has worked in an Architectural firm.
 Joel Ocampo – Uncle Joel works as a Government employee in Angeles City. She is married to my Auntie Cory who works at a recruitment agency. They have no child.

My dad and mom came from a poor family. They have striven hard for them to be able to achieve of what they are today. Education is really an important for them because it is tool/gift that you can use to help yourself become who you want to be. My father side was more of the employee side, almost are teachers while my mother side are the more entrepreneurial side. I think personality wise, I got the traits and how I think from the mother side. My mother sides have more of the leadership traits.
Doing this Genogram makes me think that this is a lot of work. Aside that my parents have a lot of siblings, every person has a lot of stories to tell. But started to do this makes me realize that it is fun once in a while to know your relatives more and makes me appreciate them more. I have learned what traits I got from whom. This is definitely a good self-awareness exercise.

Rophele Louie Ocampo
AGSB - Clark 


Thank you.

Regards,

ROPHELE LOUIE C. OCAMPO
Account Officer
Corporate Employee Loans
Consumer Business Lending Group
Security Bank Corporation
Tel#: 464-3000 local 2894


No comments:

Post a Comment