Monday, July 20, 2015

Genogram of Leader VP Cora

Ma Corazon Q. Guevarra
Ateneo GSB- Clark
Leadership
July 20, 2015
My Genogram
My  Grandparents (Father's side):

Rufino Quizon- (grandfather)-  a farmer born sometime in early 1900's , must have only finished elementary because of the unstable and difficult situation during those times. Died shortly after his wife (our grandmother) died. He was survived by his four children, leaving them orphans under the care of his sister.
Deseada Nuguid- (grandmother) Just like her husband she must have only finished elementary. She was a plain housewife who got killed when she was pregnant with her fifth child during the Japanese occupation. The unborn did not survive also.


My Father's Siblings:

1.       Lorenzo-  (Eldest)He is now 83 years old, widower and stays in the US for about 50 years now. He has four sons who are also in  the US.
2.       Ramon-( third sibling)- died when he was in his 50's because of kidney failure. He is survived by his wife and six children who are all professionals now.
3.       Milagros- (the youngest and only daughter) She is now 76 years old married with 7 children. She lives in the States together with her children.
My. Grandparents ( Mother's side)
Andres De Guzman (grandfather)- I heard from my mother that because of difficult financial siutuation, both of her parents only finished elementary. He died young from a heart attack , survived by his wife (my grandmother) and five children.
Jacinta Tongol- (grandmother)- She is the only grandparent who I had personally seen. In fact she used to live with us until she passed away because of old age when I was in college. She was a woman of very strong personality, industrious, loving but very strict. She was a devout catholic who, even at our very young age,  would require us to join the rosary before going to bed, and attend mass every Sunday dawn and during holidays of obligation.
My Mother's siblings:
1.       Emiliana- she would have been 101 years old if she were alive today. She was married to a Chinese businessman (Tomas Lao) and had three children who are all into business.
2.       Conchito- married to Ponciana Samson and died in his 50's from heart attack. They had six children who were not able to go to college due to financial hardship.
3.       Isabel- married to Pedro Aguarin who died in her 70's after a massive stroke. She is my godmother who was like a mother to me. They had six children who are all financially stable despite the lack of college education.
4.       Teresita- She died eight years ago at the age of  77.  She was my tutor when I was a child. It was through her efforts why I was admitted  in Grade I  at the age of five. She taught me how to read and write which made me excel in the class. I and my siblings were the ones who took care of her when she was sick because she remained single until her death.
 My father- Agustin N. Quizon-  Born on August 28, 1934. Despite the lack of college education, he is a self-made man.  He was able to send all his seven children to college through farming and buy and sell business. He is a loving, caring and responsible father.
My mother- Remedios De Guzman-  Born on November 9, 1933.  Because of poverty, she was not able to finish high school. She helped my father in earning a living for the family by raising livestock and planting vegetables. She went through a lot of sacrifices just to make ends meet to be able to send us all to college.
My siblings:
1.       Flora – Born on November 24, 1955. She is a registered nurse but a private school teacher by profession. She is a responsible and disciplinarian sister.  She taught us catechism when we were kids and very strict when it comes to morality and other Christian values. She has continuously inculcated in us the values of generosity, austerity and simplicity. She is married to Domingo Lee Jr.  but they do not have children. She is an active leader of some religious organizations like Legion of Mary and Third Order of St. Dominic.
2.       Agnes- Born on May 17. 1957. She is a private school teacher, married to Florante Talavera. They have two sons who are both professionals i.e. one  is a teacher while the other one is an engineer. She is also an active member of the Legion of Mary and Third Order of St. Dominic.
3.       Amelita- Born on April 12, 1959. She died when she was 18 years old due to Rheumatic Heart disease. She was on her third year in Business Administration before she succumbed to her illness.
4.       Adelina- Born on February 07, 1962- She is also a teacher, married to Ramil Jimenez. She got married when she was already 41.  They have been blessed with a daughter who is now 10 years old.
5.       Aurora- Born on August 23, 1964. She is a Commerce graduate and a  Franciscan contemplative nun based in Malasiqui, Pangasinan wherein she is currently the head.
6.       Luis Arnaldo- Born on June 21, 1967- He is an Engineer by profession and works at the Tarlac Power Corporation.  He is married to Lorela Yabut. They have two children who are both in college. His youngest is a consistent honor student, and graduated Valedictorian in High School. He is an active leader in UP and in other extra -curricular activities.
Conclusion:
My genogram clearly indicates that I was born with a subtle trace of leadership. There were few leaders in the family, my two sisters in particular.  My inborn leadership skills have been manifested from my childhood even before I started going to school. As previously mentioned, I was admitted in Grade I despite the fact that I was only five years old because I already knew how to read and write then. In fact, I was the youngest but also the number one in the class. I can still remember how I used to lead review sessions wherein I tutored my classmates to read and spell simple words.
     Although I possess the innate qualities of a leader, this has only been fully developed when I was already working. I   must have been so fortunate to have a supportive boss who mentored and guided me to be at   my optimum level of    being a leader. Starting from the bottom has made me a leader with empathy and sympathy for others which I believe        is the reason for my success. For me, leadership does not mean being always on the top. Being a leader is having   your both feet on the ground all the time.
Thank you Prof Saguisin for teaching us how to do our Genogram.
God bless! <God Bless too)

2 comments:

  1. Belina S. KatigbakJuly 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM

    You have good roots, Leader Cora! A salute to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma. Corazon Q. GuevarraJuly 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM

    Thank you Leader Ate Bel. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete