Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Comments on submitted Genograms by Lecturer Jorge

'Quamplurimi et quam aptisimi" (As many as possible of the very best)

This Lecturer reported to the Chair of HR Prof Hilda Teodoro (cousin of Eugenio Lopez) cluster what we have been doing at The Call for Leadership Class at Clark.  I told her that I have been awe struck by the breadth and depth of the achievements of the families of the Student Leaders.  You can be teary eyed at the success and failures of the grandparents, uncles, and even the siblings.  You can see a lot of heroism and passion to advance the future and destiny of their progeny, especially the writers of Genogram. I told her I was happy, I became a part of their life story albeit for only 8 weeks.  I thank her for giving me this assignment and responsibility




The lives of  heroes whom we studied in school are nothing compared to the small heroic deeds of the kins of the student Leader/writer of the Genogram.  It was mentioned that the real miracles no longer happen at the Lourdes, or the miracles of Jesus Christ.  The real miracles and spiritual deeds happen for instance when our parents, despite their lack of education and lack of resources struggle to see us through college.

Personally, my own writing of my genogram, to serve as a model or examplar to the students was liberating experience.  All ready, I know I have to do further research, so that I will know my cousins up to the third degree, I have to  know their achievements in life.   I reflect and I am more personally aware of who I am...There is more grounding for my being.

I have a grandfather who wrote the Gragera family tree (he claims I have Gragera blood running in my veins)  Since he covered 5 generations, his Genogram was a book.

I understand that the Leaders who wrote their genograms had the same experience.

4 comments:

  1. It is a fruitful experience and a wonderful journey collecting every piece of our family's history. I just got home tonight from visiting my father in our hometown. He is sick and bedridden suffering from acute renal failure. He got teary eyes while trying to recall the story of my Grandfather and his siblings and told me how he grew up. I did not know much about the roots of my Grandparents and writing my Genogram was truly also a liberating experience for me. Tomorrow I will try to visit my only living Grandfather (Mother's side ) who is in Bataan and collect the missing pieces of my roots. I hope I could finish it and share it this Friday.
    Thanks for sharing to us about this Genogram.
    -Leader Oliver P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sir! I am still in the process of completing my genogram. This I have been doing for the past week, and there are a lot of realization from me of who I have become and how our family , with the leadership of my parents who had been deprived of education, managed to give us better life. I have discussed this with my husband and it was the first time I hear him talk about his lineage. His maternal grandfather pala was the mayor of Malasiqui Pangasinan and my mother in law pala finished college. Wow! Thanks sir for sharing another journey! Bravo!

    Leader Zel Catiungal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I thought in the beginning that of all the activities, many would find this boring. Now it has turned out to be a moving, emotional experience for most of the Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma Corazon Q GuevarraJuly 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM

    Hi Prof! Doing my genogram was an eye opener as I was able to appreciate my parents for the all the hardships that they had to go through just to send us to school. They were deprived during their time but they did not allow us to experience the same deprivation. Truly, our parents are heroes and leaders. Let us salute them for their heroic deeds. Thank you Prof for opening our eyes through the genogram. God bless po!

    ReplyDelete