Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Genogram of Janelle Ann Bansil

Dear Prof,
Aside from written information on genogram I attached an illustrative figure of my family tree. I don't know how to include the picture without attachment.
Respectfully,
Janelle Ann Bansil




Inline image


Janelle Ann Pineda-Bansil
My genogram

My Grandparents Father Side.
1.    Lino Pineda- Grandfather, farmer, had 5 other siblings. He inherited hectares of farming land in tarlac. He divided and transferred his properties among his son and left his remaining cash among his 5 daughters. Married Leonora Lugma at the age of 17 years old. Died at the age of 64.
2.    Leonora Pineda- Grandmother. Known for her strong personality. No one liked to mess with her for she would bring her "Itak" every time her children gets into trouble. Very loving and generous.
Most of them live in Tarlac.  
a.    Issac - 3-21-1933. Deceased, Farmer, born in Concepcion, Tarlac.  Married to Felicidad. Had 13 children- 11 boys and 2 girls. Most of them did not attend college due to poverty.
b.    Arsenia-     7-13-1935, born in Concepcion Tarlac. She married Godofredo Mallari, had 7 children. Born again Christian.
c.    Maria- 6-12-1937, Concepcion Tarlac. Married Andres David, currently residing at Florida USA. Had 4 children- 2 engineers, 1 architect and the other one is under grad.
d.    Eufrocinia – 9-22-1939, widow. Had 3 children, all are girls.
e.    Rogelio- 7-14-1942, born in Concepcion Tarlac. had 4 children,3 were married and 1 bachelor.
f.     Agustino- 8-10-1945 , married Flor Tuazon, they had 5 children. His wife suffered from cancer. Now residing in Alaska.
g.    Flora- 2-14-47, Born in Bamban Tarlac, had identical twins both are girls, 1 boy and the youngest practices physical therapy.
h.    Alfredo- Married Baby calma, and had 6 children. The youngest died of severe mental retardation.   
i.      Olivia- 5-31-1958, youngest, married to alfonso,former Airforce soldier. Educational attainment- accountant. Budget secretary of Bamban. Her eldest is a pilot, middle daughter is accountant, youngest is chef.


My father
Brief intro: Rufino L. Pineda- born on 7-10-1955. 60 years old, official senior citizen last July 10.  My tatay grew up in the barrio of Bamban Tarlac , finished vocational course at AUF. Worked in Clark air-based for 2 years and transferred to Baguio where he stayed for another 10 years. He went back to Clark air-based and met my mom through common friends. My tatay would visit my mom's house every weekend. His first attempts to court my mom flopped. Since my lola would always alibi about mom going somewhere or she's at work. To win the heart of my grandparents he used his savings to buy cold cuts sandwiches, ice cream and fruits in the commissary before visiting, yet, he never had good votes from them. He persevered to court my mom for a year.  He married my mom at the age of 33.
 Business Venture: My tatay's career in business did not last long. He attempted to run poultry supply shop. Generous and soft hearted in nature that he could not resist his friends asking for big discounts and most of the time would ask for free. His business closed after 7 months of operating. Determined to try the second time, he opened drugstore in Mabalacat. Same old issue, but different approach. The pharmacy lasted for 2 years only. As told above, my tatay needs to have basic knowledge in running business.
My Grandparents Mother side.
1.    Leoncio Gutuerrez- 2nd world war veteran from Batangas. Joined the death march of soldiers to Tarlac but escaped. Resided in Pampanga to hide from Japanese soldiers. Married Modesta Canlas from Mabalacat.  Worked as utility man in Clark airbase for 10 years until the Pinatubo erupted. Very humble man, kind and generous. Had heart attacked and died at the age of 74.
2.    Modesta  Lugma- occupation sell out fish, meat and vegetable.  She had 10 children, named from A-J. Meticulous, perfectionist, aggressive and hardworking. She had Alzheimer's disease at the age of 83. Was found comatose in her bathroom one morning and lasted in the hospital for a week. Died on Nov. 1, 2010.
a.    Aristedes-  born on 5-2-1947 ,college undergraduate, the mechanic, went to UAE to support his other siblings. Had 2 children,  pharmacist and engineer.
b.    Bienvenido – born on 6-12-1949, the adventurer, born in Mabalacat, did not attend college. Started young as entrepreneur and brought up few mini groceries in Angeles city. He had 4 children with his first wife. First 2 are pharmacist, 1 psychologist and the youngest is Lawyer. Had 6 children with his second wife, educational attainment-unknown.
c.    Carlito- born on 2-21-1951 , Entrepreneur, married Evelyn Gutierrez. His wife died recently due to diabetic complication. They had 3 children, 1 chef and the other two manage rent a van business.
d.    Danilo- 5-14-55, deceased, had 4 children, only two finished College. Known to be a womanizer, very charismatic especially among girls.
e.    Elenito- 6-04-1958, Frugal and wise among his siblings. Owns mini grocery inside the subdivision. Had 3 kids. 1 Rheumatologist, 1 General physician, and Aircraft mechanic.
f.     Fernando- 6-26-1959. Married twice, his first wife committed suicide, they had  3 children, 1, medical technologist, 1 It programmer, 1 HRM grad. Succesful with his Bakery Business . Had 6 branches all over angels city. He married Irene back in the 90's, they had 3 children, currently in gradeschool.
g.    Helen- 5-24-1963, Born again Christian, married a pastor. Had 3 boys. Location and educational attainment were unknown.
h.    Iland- 6-17-1967, licensed teacher, had adopted daughter and 3 biological children.
i.      Joseph-10-8-1969 the Gambler, undergraduate of engineering. Separated to his wife after 6 years of marriage.
My Mother
Gloria Pineda- born on March 10, 1961, finished vocational course at Virgen Delos Remedios. Graduated as Valedictorian, and ranked 2 in the board exam. Upon finishing college, she acted as the bread winner of her family. Took a job in Mabalacat district in 1981. Very hardworking woman. Supported her 3 younger siblings in their college years. Married my tatay at the age of 27. She was denounced by her parents for marrying my tatay. She had 3 children:
My siblings
                                          i.     Francis Ivan- a.ka khitz ,only son. April 26, 1989.  took medical technology at FEU. Studied Doctor of Medicine in FEU. Currently under training at AUFMC and aspires to be surgeon.
                                        ii.    Katryn Joy- Born on June 18, 1990.The bunso, a little hardheaded and manipulative. I remember back in grade school days when she would fight over an older student just to get even for his kuya Khitz. She roars like a tiger when mad. Free spirited in nature, does what she like. Currently in her 4th year under BS Midwifery.
                                       iii.    Janelle Ann Bansil - Born on January 3, 1988 .Eldest among 2 other siblings. The call for leadership is inherited for being eldest among the siblings. To gain respect with free will is the most challenging part of being the eldest.  (1) One, to set as good example; (2) second, is established values inherited from our parents ;( 3) Third, is to communicate well and (4) lastly, gain their trust. As I encounter predicaments, small or big, every solution must confirm the above mention challenges. Decisions should be critically poundered so to align every junctures. I know that I must take the lead among my siblings for them to imitate. I graduated BS Medical technology at Angeles University Foundation. By the influence of my mom I took Doctor of Medicine in San Beda College. I did not pursue my Medical career for personal issue.
Married to Paul Antony Bansil , pediatric resident at Angeles University Foundation Medical center. After a year of marriage we transferred to our own place. That's when I saw how challenging it is to manage on our own. It is a trial and error state, but with my husband's determination I was motivated to improve our way of living. Although we are financially unstable when I gave birth to my first born. Since my husband was then having his training at AUFMC (PGI). I became the immediate bread winner for him and Andres. That life back then was hard for us. Our finances do not meet the expenses. No financial assistance was provided from both sides. We agreed not to discourse over money issue but to focus on the solution. Because he exemplified leadership in our family. As a wife, with full submission of myself, I became the follower.
Conclusion
My genogram revealed where I gathered my creative side as entrepreneur. Most of my mother's siblings are successful in their line of business. Mostly in product retailing. On my father side, most did not attend schooling for they were complacent on what they inherited from their parents. Although I am just 12 years old then, my tatay's experiences in business enlightened my awareness that opening a business is easy but to keep it open is the challenging part. It requires good management and strong leadership to run even small scale business. One trait I observe in my father side is being reluctant. They were reluctant to see future events. Most of them did not reached college degree and simply married at an early age.
As I sthrive to raise my family towards financial stability, I creatively became an entrepreneur. The course opens many opportunities that little did I know would be needed badly. Examining my Genogram led me to self-reflect. Then, I realized the process. And to be successful leader and be effective is the greatest challenge. You don't just read the traits, behavior, know the pillars and Voila, you call yourself a Leader. I am very lucky to be nurtured from the experiences of much experienced people in our leadership class. Thank you for this exercise Prof. Jorge.

No comments:

Post a Comment