Friday, August 21, 2015

FINAL INTEGRATIVE PAPER By BIEN PATRICK M. VELASQUEZ

LEARNINGS FROM LEADERSHIP:

I recently graduated from an intensive leadership course that really had me thinking about myself, my organization, and everything in between. From first session up to the last, I've learn a lot along the way from a variety of leaders among my classmates here in class. The line between failure and success is so fine that often a single extra effort is all that is needed to bring victory out of defeat. One of the things I learned from the ropes course about leadership was that at times a leader must make the hard decisions that no one else is willing to make. Emotions are very powerful and sometimes it is in the best interest of the team to step back from emotions in order to be able to make the wisest choices. I learned that excellence is not an act but a habit. As a leader, have a grand vision, you can inspire and motivate your team to tremendous effect by communicating a vision in a clear, straight-forward way.

 Communication is important in being a
leader, you must be an effective communicator in order to persuade and be effective in every aspect inside your organization. Communication is a job that is never done. It starts right after you take over a new leadership position when you describe your leadership philosophy and priorities and goals for the organization and continues throughout the duration of your assignment with new information and changes and updates about which your people need to be made aware. Clear communication is the most important key to a leader's success. So to grow as a leader and manager, you must learn to be an effective, compelling communicator. In my leadership class, I learned a lot especially from my classmates, as a young entrepreneur they serve as an inspiration to me base on their own success and experiences. I also learn how to empower my employees based on the learning's that I learned from the class, Rather than taking the path of micro-management, I've
found that simply expecting the very best out of my team delivers the best results. A boss should serve as the employee's biggest advocate. While it is challenging to be a bit more hands off, it will ultimately foster a more independent workforce and stronger, more trusting relationships. Always keep your team in the loop about what's going on. In order for an employee to feel empowered, he/she must feel that they have true purpose at your company. This one important learning I acquire during the class. Another thing is passion, passion motivates everyone, if each member of the team has a passion and love on things that they are doing, our business will surely be growing and become big in the future with a healthy attitude and workforce. I also learn that every great leader loves to learn. Great leaders can learn from anyone. While they might gain more from other great leaders, they have the ability to learn from anyone. True leaders can take the
beliefs, ideas, insights, and example from other people and gain insight into their own situations. Whether someone is good or bad, they can make a great leader better. Great leaders are always learning. There is never a moment in which they are not learning. While an average person only learns when they recognize an area where knowledge is needed, a great leader is learning skills before they even know if it will be needed. They are always learning new ideas and skills knowing that knowledge is never wasted. Whatever can be learned today will be used tomorrow. Perfect example for this class, we differ in profession, age gap, work etc... But all of us inside that four corners are very willing to learn new things, ideas not just from our prof and the subject but most especially from our co-leaders. Another factor I learned is being a Servant-Leader. Servant leadership is a philosophy and set of practices that enriches the lives of individuals, builds
better organizations and ultimately creates a more just and caring world. The servant-leader is servant first... It begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve, to serve first. He difference manifests itself in the care taken by the servant-first to make sure that other people's highest priority needs are being served. This important factor helps me to serve more and to visualize that business is not just al about money but also serving the people not just around your organization but also those who rendered your service and or products that you offer. Good leaders are really the product of a never-ending process of skill and character development. Good leaders develop through constant learning about their personalities, relationships and careers, not to mention the kind of leader they want to become.


Highlights:


IMPORTANCE OF REFLECTION PAPERS
The importance of knowing your limits. The challenge of building yourself to go beyond those limits. Reflection papers, we've all complained about them. I would like to offer a different perspective on reflection papers we have been required to write. I find these papers essential and necessary as a guide to our learnings. It allows us to develop aims, aspirations for our career. Reflecting allows for imprinting of information so that it is made into long-term memory and gives us an opportunity to share our experiences.


MY FIRST TEAM BUILDING
Team building is an ongoing process that helps a work group evolve into a cohesive unit. The team members not only share expectations for accomplishing group tasks, but trust and support one another and respect one another's individual differences. It was my first team building, it was fun, full of smiles and learnings.


CALL TO ARMS SPEECH
My speech is all about awareness about my advocacy towards climate change and global warming Speaking in front of the public increases your self-confidence. You can talk to anyone or any senior personality without any hesitation and nervousness. It was mandatory to speak at least for five minutes in front of your class mates. I was fully shocked but slowly I gained my confidence and started speaking in front of huge people. Now, I can give any speech in font of unlimited audience without any problem. I have now that much confidence to talk with high authorized personality. People must have this confidence because it is important for your future life.


AVP
I've learn a lot from the life and experiences of my classmates. Their journey and success, failures and struggles, they serve as an inspiration and motivation for me to act and do what is really intended to do in different circumstances that I am facing and I will face in the future.

LEADERSHIP

INNOVATION--STRATEGY--CHARISMA--CREATIVITY--ABILITY--MISSION--VISION--SUCCESS--RESPONSIBILITY--CAPACITY--DECISIONS-AUTHORITY



Thank you prof for everything!!! We enjoyed the class so much and learned lot of realization and facts in life that are really significant for us to follow and be a true servant-leaders for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment