Saturday, August 15, 2015

Submission of Genogram

Gage A. Rush                                              August 12, 2015

                           My Genogram

Grandparents' Generation

Father's Side:
1.     Lloyd Rush – My grandfather on my father's side was a hardworking man of simple means. He was an excellent cook and a dependable person.

2.     Audie Rush – My biological grandmother died when my father was still young, and thus we barely knew much about her. I and my sister inherited our big boned builds from her Germanic ancestry.

Mother's Side:
1.     Jose Ostonal – My lolo was a teacher, and struggled to provide for over a dozen children. He had a great mind and an affinity for math and art.

2.     Maria Loretto Ostonal – My lola was the one responsible for taking care of the children and keeping the house. My grandmother wanted to instill a sense of discipline within them at a young age. She also wanted to make sure that all her children received proper education.




Parents' Generation

Father's Side:
1.     Kenneth L. Rush –My father lost his mother at a young age. His stepmother never got along well with him, which forced him to leave home and join the military. He served as a frontline engineer and was changed by his experience. My father had problems but he had great reserves of talent and drive whenever he felt like mustering it.

My father did not have any full-blooded siblings.

Mother's Side:
1.     Miriam O. Rush – My mother was the 5th of 11 children. She worked for various offices before settling down with my father and starting a family. She started and runs the Mister Frosty and Ikabud restaurant chains. Her experience in restaurant management is entirely through experience and hard work.

2.     Sherry O. Marcaida – The eldest amongst my aunts and uncles, my auntie Sherry first worked in Cebu by starting a taxi business, the later worked at Disneyland.

3.     Joan O. Obiacoro – My auntie Joan worked for a while in Dubai as a personnel manager for a company before settling down with my uncle Rudy.

4.     Joel Ostonal – My uncle Joel inherited my lolo's keen mind and mathematical aptitude. He used to work as a teacher at Ateneo before later working for N.E.D.A., and is now currently retired.



5.     Jocelyn O. Orig – My auntie Josie worked as a flight attendant and then later an office in Cebu. She is married to my uncle Bobby.

6.     Glenna O. Harvey – My auntie Glenna moved to the United States and married my uncle George. She works at a department store to keep busy and not be idle.

7.     Eden O. Weber – My auntie Eden also moved to the United States and married my uncle Steve.

8.     Vicky O. Smith – My auntie Vicky is another of my aunts that moved to the United States, where she married my uncle Kevin. She works as a primary school teacher.

9.     Leilani Ostonal – My auntie Lani also moved to the United States, and was for a time married to my uncle Dennis. She works as a chemist at Pfizer.

10.                         Harlan M. Ostonal – My uncle Harlan was learning to be an engineer, but did not pursue his education further. He maintains the family's ancestral domain in Bicol.

11.                         Marjorie O. De Guzman – My auntie Marge graduated from A.U.F. and became a doctor. She eventually decided to take up a nursing job overseas, and is married to my uncle Raffy.

MySiblings

1.     Keane L. Rush – My brother graduated from A.P.C. with a degree in multimedia arts, but showed a very strong passion for cooking. He is the founder of the Champas Mexican Restaurant.

2.     Jade A. Rush – My sister currently works as the General Operations Manager for Ikabud/Mister Frosty. She is planning to pursue a degree in Business Administration at HAU.



Conclusion
I can see a few traits that may have been passed on down the line, but in many cases the ones who succeeded the best out of my family were those that had to try harder even in areas that were not a natural part of their talent.

This is why I believe even though a few elements can change things in or against your favor, most leaders are shaped by their experiences in life, and this in turn makes them what they are.

I am fortunate to have a family like mine, as they have proven to be an inspiration and a source of experiences. They are the force that shaped me, and tried their best to instill some drive and purpose into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment