Friday, August 14, 2015

Reflection No. 3 - Passion by Leader Karen Kay Guanzon

REFLECTION NUMBER 3

Leader Karen Kay Guanzon

What is your passion?
May I start by giving the meaning and my understanding of passion; Passion is a strong feeling or desire. Passion is what we love doing. I am passionate with a lot of things but I will just share my top four passion.

> My Family
I am passionate about my family; I am not who I am right now without them. My parents thought me a lot while growing up; they have shown me the importance of having a complete and happy family. That's how I came up with my call to arms speech about OFWs, for my listeners to realize how important for a child to have his/her parents beside him/her.
My parents provide well, they gave us a very comfortable life. I saw how they strive hard for their children even for their grandchildren. Although they made us experience that kind of life, my father always tells us that we cannot depend on them all throughout our life. My parents always reminds us that we need to strive on our own and we should know how to save money for our future. In an early age they opened bank accounts for each one of us, they thought us how to save and how to manage our own money. Those were instill to me while growing up, I never became compliant on what my parents can give me, that is why after graduating I immediately look for a job.
I became a mother at an early age; I was still studying when I had my daughter. But that did not stop my parents in supporting me. They still supported me on my studies that's why I was able to graduate. Being a single mother is not easy; I cannot support my daughter alone, financially and emotionally. My family was there to help me especially my parents, they did not took that episode in my life against me. They made me feel that I do not need to be alone and that they are there on my side whenever I need them. Although my parents and siblings are always there I still hope that someday I can give my daughter a complete and happy family. I want her to experience how great to have a father.





> Traveling
One of my goals in life is to be able to travel more often, I want to travel or have a vacation at least thrice a year. While growing up my father brought me to a lot of places, he made me experience the excitement of traveling to different places; experiencing other's culture. Before he died he is planning to have a family vacation in Japan, he also wants to have a European cruise with us, I was very excited when he was telling me those plans, I never thought that it would not happen anymore. However, even though he is no longer around, I still want to pursue his vacation plans soon with my family. To be able to travel is one of the reasons why I am striving hard right now.

> Working-out and Fashion
I workout at least 4 times a week, ever since I started working-out last year it became my hobby. I cannot end my week without going to the gym. They say that working out is tiring but it produces happy hormones in our body, and I agree with that. I love working-out especially when I feel stress and depress, it helps me to overcome those negative feelings. Most of the time I do boxing, it is very effective way of stress relief. When I box, I think of the people or things that contributes on my stress and depression.
In fashion I specifically love make-ups or cosmetics, until now it is my dream to be a professional make up artist. I also love doing make-up on myself, I often do my own make up even on special events, I love playing with colors and experimenting on different looks. I wanted to take classes for this before, but unfortunately because of my busy schedule and most of the classes are in Manila, I was not able to pursue it. Maybe one of these days I can push through on this and I can be a part time make up artist.

> Business
It is only last year that I became a fulltime entrepreneur. I do not have any experience on business and the only knowledge I have is from my parents. I was very hesitant on starting my own business but I thought that everything could be learn especially when you really want to. I also had the guts when I saw that I have the full support of my parents. I am still in the process of learning how to be a successful entrepreneur like my father, that's also one of the reasons why I enrolled in MBA. I do not want to stop learning; I want to know everything that needs to be learn in able to be a successful businesswoman.


How is it reflected in you work, daily life and life's journey?
I can apply everything that I've learned from my parents and from school on my business. Without those learning I cannot start my own business. My family is my strength whenever I feel down and whenever problem/s exist. I cannot live alone; I am very emotionally dependent on my mother, siblings, daughter and boyfriend. Without them I do not know how I can survive on every challenges that comes to my life especially I am very sensitive and emotional.
My passion on traveling, working-out and fashion is one of the source of my happiness. I use these as my relaxation; what I call my "me time".
My business is the source of my income, I always think of this in able for me to put on my best for my business to succeed and for it to earn. My father wanted me to become successful and that's my ultimate goal. I want him to be proud of me even if he is gone. I want my family and my daughter to be proud of me. And I want those people who looked down on me before realized that they were all wrong, that I am not what they think I am.
Let me end my reflection paper with this quote: "To get through the hardest journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping". I am not rushing anything because I know through hard work I can fulfill all my goals in God's time. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment