Thursday, August 13, 2015

Our classroom meetings come to a close tomorrow August 14, 2015

'Quamplurimi et quam aptisimi" (As many as possible of the very best)

AGSB Clark
August 13, 2015

Our classroom meetings end tomorrow (but as one of you have said, Gage I think) the learning continues through your own daily experience, and maybe some visit to this site.  It is going to be exciting but also sad because that means we will no longer see each other  We will be excited by the AVPs that are still unseen and perhaps the throwback that I requested..  I will miss the long bus rides, and the 4 hours of learning and fun we had together. And your wonderful posts and stories.

For our last meeting, this is my proposed schedule which I suggested via text to our Leader Belle

1. Some lectures on decision making, passion, and conflict resolution (however I try to explain some more decision making  although I have made some explanations earlier.




2. The AVP presentations (20)

3.  Closing activities:

    1.  Throwback of some memorable class activities:     Nae nae and cheerleading of the two groups in the classroom (unstructured group activities)  Uuuu be and the blue team

    2.  Speeches/reaction  by at least 3 Leaders (drawn by Lots)

    3.  Awarding of certificates of appreciation and recognition

    4.  The Song for Mary singing.

Thanks to everyone for enrolling in this course, and making me a part of your MBA experience.  It was a great honor and privilege.

11 comments:

  1. Prof, it is much more an honor and privilege po for us than it was for you po. You made a difference po in our Leadership class. It is my prayer that today is not the end of our authentic leadership...today is only the beginning of our being newly transformed authentic leaders by putting into action all that we have learned. The NOW and TOMORROW of our lives now as we apply all that we have pledged and promised to do for love of God, country and others is what will eventually matter!
    It won't be a sad goodbye Prof for every good deed we will do and achieve as leaders, you will be much remembered po in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prof Jorge THANK YOU so much for guiding and teaching us to become better Leaders. Although po our session was only 2 months, it was packed, meaningful and rich in learning. It is truly humbling to know you and my co-leaders. I am honored to have been part of this amazing class.To my co-leaders, THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge and expertise. The articles, reflections, comments and stories posted in this blog must continue. It is a great channel towards spreading Authentic Leadership.
    This is just the beginning of a new and better Leader Anne version 2.0 :).
    Can I grade you sir, A+ with a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking this course made me aware that Leadership is an everyday activity. It will not surely end in the classroom. I am proud to belong to the Ateneo Band of Leaders. Thank you Prof. Jorge for the learning. I never expected leadership class to be this much fun and challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Leader Oliver for being part of the Band now.

      Delete
  4. Leader Belle S. KatigbakAugust 13, 2015 at 8:47 PM

    Kudos to you, Prof. Jorge and to all my classmates in Leadership! You all have contributed greatly to my transformation! I am very proud of you. I've been sharing my wonderful experiences every time there is an opportunity for me to do so.

    I do not know exactly how to put into words the story of my journey here. I am simply overwhelmed. We had a great and passionate professor. I learned a lot from classroom discussions, interactions, structured as well as unstructured activities, blog posts, researches, readings, and most especially from reflections. I became more creative. The vision, hero's journey, personal advocacy posters, and AVP brought me back to my passion. Moreover, this was a journey within. I became more aware of myself, more loving and caring. If only for that, to say that this course is a success is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leader Ma. Corazon Q.GuevarraAugust 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM

    Thank you Prof for guiding us through our leadership journey. The two-month Leadership course, although overwhelming, has been very exciting and always an event to look forward to every Friday. We've learned a lot in this course not only about theories but more importantly, practical and sensible lessons that you have consistently shared. May each and everyone of us nurture everything we have learned by putting it into practice in our everyday life. Our meaningful journey has just begun with this course. More power to you Prof. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overwhelming, a powerful word. Di sana stressful. Thank you Leader Cora

      Delete
  6. Leader Belle S. KatigbakAugust 14, 2015 at 12:17 AM

    BFF, how right Antoine de Saint Exupery in writing, "The time that you have wasted for your rose has become very important. What is essential is invisible to the eyes". Our passion in writing, studying, and learning is well reflected here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leader Ma. Corazon Q.GuevarraAugust 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM

    You are right BFF Ate Belle. Non-stop writing and reading, but it is okay Ate, it was all worth it and I have learned to love every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete