Friday, November 27, 2015

MM Leadership Reflection Paper 3 by Ferdinand Gabriel

Reflection paper 3

Ferdinand Gabriel

 

 

What is passion?..

The thing that I love to do? How does it reflect my

 work, life and life's journey?

 

There are two words in Webster dictionary that I would like to believe best represent me. First, altruistic – unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others. Second, maven – is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge to others. 

So with that, I would like to consider myself as an "altruistic-maven". To be put it simply, a person with a lot of information and loves' to share it to other people.

Having a passion for knowledge and sharing them to others for me I believe is one of my major passion in life. It may be a broad purpose but that what it is for me. Inspiring people or a company to become better whether professionally or personally is an ecstatic feeling for me. Whether the financial reward is good or not, seeing them performing better is enough for me.

Doing freelance Sales and Marketing consultancy for almost five years now is really quite exciting and rewarding professionally and personally. I never thought in my early professional life that I would do this kind of profession but if young people are going to ask me if what kind of work I would suggest them to pursue, I guess this one would be it. But of course I would tell them to study hard and be an expert first on your chosen career then become a consultant. Having this kind of job has its up's and down also but over-all it is mostly good. As a matter of fact, I am mind-setting my 14 year old son to become a consultant also in the future and I am happy he is a bit interested as of this time.

Back in 2003, it took me a really hard time moving to another profession since I am quite comfortable with my Hotel job back then. And the funny thing was, I know that my professional life will not flourish in that industry and yet I don't want to change course. It's like the character in the Who Moved My Cheese book by Spencer Johnson, Hem, one of the two mice. Hem knows that the cheese will not come back in Station-C yet decided to think that things will get better and back to normal just like before. Despite the effort of encouragement from Haw, another mice character in the book, and logical explanation, Hem did not move. Of course I decided not to be like Hem but took me a while. Things got worse as a matter of fact after changing course but looking back now it is a part of becoming successful. I know it is a part before but thanks to Joseph Campbell and our Leadership class, things became clearer to me now.

My life's journey right now, I would say is far more better than before. I know things will become off once in a while but I am prepared and still preparing myself to become flexible, like a rubber band, useful to many things and can be used in case of emergency also. My life will always be a continuous learning and molding no matter what the circumstances arise and will continue to inspire others as many aspect that I can.

End..  


No comments:

Post a Comment