Friday, November 27, 2015

Regis Cebu Leadership, Leader Melchor Castro Daclan Reflection, Paper #1 - Defining Moments

Regis Cebu Leadership
Leader Melchor Castro Daclan
Reflection Paper #1 – Defining Moments


Divine Direction and Accountability

Because of my life's peculiar challenging weaknesses, I learned to become humble and submissive to the Will of Heavenly Father. Then I gained some favor that will bless the lives of other people. To gain the knowledge and wisdom of the purpose of life is a great blessing.

I believe that Heavenly Father has a special purpose for each one of us and we were planted in different ways. Just like the seeds, for some reason we were planted to an unexpected circumstance, to a place where we are expected to grow and to survive to the best of our ability. Ateneo MBA Regis – Cebu is one of the places I am talking about, where we will learned a lot to be become an authentic leader that will change the world.


Authentic Leaders are Always Searching for Mentors

I learned from our Leader Professor Jorge Saguinsin that each one of us have our own leadership potentials and that we have talents and unique abilities to act as the instruments in building our organization, community, country and the church, by helping the people whom we love serve and in such a way we are changing the world by becoming the best and authentic leader..


Everyone Have a Humble Beginning

I grew up in a humble and struggling family due poverty. I am the second out of nine children. Because of our challenging circumstances, I able to understand the word survival and I became very experience in taking care of little children. Considering diapers did not exist those years and if did for sure we cannot afford to buy. Since grade two I am used to absent from school. Because each time my mother will give birth to another baby sibling, I am the one cooking our meals, cleaning the house and attending my younger siblings.

"Life is not easy, nor was it meant to be. It is a time of testing and trial." (M. Russell Ballard)[1]


As I witnessed my seven younger siblings growing up, I came to a realization that I am talented in caring and training children to be the best as they can be, by helping them discover their God's given talents.. As I reflected and pondered my experiences, those days were my early intensive training to become a well prepare, respected and ordained leader of God. That will lead hundreds of people in the Church and in the community.


Family is Always the Best Leader's Inspiration

My leadership was enhanced after I got married and became a father of my own children; I got two sons and a special child daughter. Because of her autism she cannot communicate and socialize with other children, while my wife is now conceiving for our fourth baby. Life is challenging but I love the sensation of being challenged.  

I loving believe that fatherhood is leadership, the most important kind of leadership. It has always been so; it always will be so, with the assistance and counsel and encouragement of my eternal wife in magnifying with all God's divine directions and accountabilities given by Him.

Leader should prioritize his family!

 'No other success in life can compensate for failure in the home' (David O. McKay)[2]
                                                             

Righteous Self-Control and Conduct

When I was serving as a full time missionary I learned to follow with exactness the defined high standards of moral worthiness and the physical, mental, and emotional stability missionary service now demands. The standards are rigorous, but with my strong determination and faithfulness I able to conquer my weaknesses.

As human being we are always subject to our physical senses and strong emotions that are very hard to control, but by the spirit of God I became a very success missionary by following all the standards.

As a leader we should practice self-control. Self-control is like a muscle: the more you use it, the stronger it gets. Avoiding something tempting once will help you develop the ability to resist other temptations in the future and will help you become a better leader.

 A principle of eternal progression is that exercising self-control and living righteously strengthen our ability to resist temptation. This is true both in the spiritual realm and in temporal matters. In developing Christ like attributes is very humbling but it is emphasizing obedience and spirituality of a true leader.


Decision Determine Destiny

Before I became a Bishop of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I had a lot of options in life, like immigrating to another country together with my whole family to enjoy higher quality life style. However, I receive a call asking me to come back to my own country and to serve. After receiving that call, I immediately packed my things and flew back to Philippines. After that, the life style of my family were never the same but I never had any regrets because I know that this is the Lord expected me to do. I will go where the Lord want me to go and serve no matter what.

Abraham, who led Isaac on that heartbreaking journey to Mount Moriah, was faithfully going where the Lord wanted him to go (see Gen. 22). So was David when he stepped out before the hosts of Israel to answer the challenge of the giant Goliath (see 1 Sam. 17).

As a leader, we know who we are and what God expects us to become. As I listen to the truth taught to us in the book of Genesis:

God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. . . .
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them. [Genesis 1:26–28]

We are created in the image of God. We cannot sincerely hold this conviction without experiencing a profound sense of strength and power. 

We believe that we lived before we came to earth, that mortality is a probationary period wherein we might prove ourselves obedient to God's command and thus worthy of celestial glory. 



[1] https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1987/04/keeping-lifes-demands-in-balance?lang=eng
[2] https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-05-0907-teachings-of-david-o-mckay-the-importance-of-a-strong-family?category=david-o-mckay&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment