Sunday, November 29, 2015

Regis Cebu Leadership by Leader Ivy Eleanor Ko - Enneagram Results

Dear Prof,

I am submitting my Enneagram Paper, though I will further improve this because I am not too happy to the way how this was written, as I was confused with the levels of integration and disintegration requirements that I saw in the syllabus.  This is just to beat the deadline.

Enneagram Test Results
 I took three Enneagram Exams from different providers and all three test results shows I am a type 3, Achiever. Two of the results showed I have Wing 2. 

This is a Copy and paste result from the Eclectic Energies site:  http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

You are most likely a type 3.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 3w2.
Type 3 – 12  The Achiever
Type 2 – 9    the Helper
Type 1 - 8.7  The Reformer
Type 9 – 8     The Peacemaker
Type 8 – 7   The Challenger
Type 5 - 6.7
Type 7 - 6.3
Type 6 - 6.1
Type 4 - 2.7

Wing 3w2 - 16.5  Achiever with Helper
Wing 2w3 – 15  Helper with Achiever
Wing 3w4 - 13.4  Achiever with Individualist
Wing 2w1 - 13.4  Helper with Reformer
Wing 1w2 - 13.2  Reformer with Helper
Wing 1w9 - 12.7
Wing 9w1 - 12.4
Wing 9w8 - 11.5
Wing 8w9 - 11
Wing 8w7 - 10.2
Wing 5w6 - 9.8
Wing 7w8 - 9.8
Wing 6w5 - 9.5
Wing 7w6 - 9.4
Wing 6w7 - 9.3
Wing 4w3 - 8.7
Wing 5w4 - 8.1
Wing 4w5 - 6.1

Another test result said: You are most likely a type 3 (the Achiever) with 2 wing, with Type 3 SO (social Instinct)  Variant. 


Threes are said to be self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. 

At Their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others. 

Basic Fear: Of being worthless 

Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile

Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"



Strengths that I see that impact me positively are as follows: 
In my corporate life, I would say that I am really hard working, competitive and is highly focused in the pursuit of my goals. For me, it was always to be on top of my deliverables, and I should make sure I will not leave anything uncovered, especially when I do presentations and reports.  I always ensure that I look good and confident (concerned of my image and what others think of me).  In my position, I am very eager to meet new people, be it colleagues, suppliers, customers, training classmates, and most especially big bosses. Over the years, I have made a good network of friends who have been very helpful and I have made some of them as my mentors as I rose up the rank. 

When I was very active in our local chapter of Lions Club – The University of San Carlos Lions club, I always ensure I was always present in all activities, and we were really passionate in looking for good projects that were worth every peso spent. Being a non-profit organization, the club had to be very resourceful in looking for financial assistance to fund all the projects that we do. In the end of every project, my personal mission was to find satisfaction in seeing the happy and grateful faces of the people we have helped. Be this just be a simple feeding program, medical mission or eye glass screening and donation activities, the "Salamat and Thank You's that the group got were enough to motivate us to go find ways to continuously serve those in need.  

Because of my desire to ensure a perfect report, I always spend so much time ensuring I get things right all the time with no further questions, or if there are, I would be able to answer it without a blink of an eye. I would sacrifice Sundays and holidays so I can prepare for board meetings which usually falls on a Monday morning. My friends would call me as Workaholic and too competitive but I didn't mind it. It was that side of me that want to prove something, I want to compete with executives a generation older than me. 

When I was training my subordinates, at first my expectation was that I want them to be like me. I want them to be detail oriented, see the big picture, and be willing to work overtime without complaints. As trainings proceeded, I observed things that I want to happen is not happening, so of course, I tend to get frustrated. It took a lot of time, patience, and a reminder from my boss that I cannot expect that I can mold someone to be another Ivy, as everyone has his unique traits. After learning this enneagram activity, the two examples are manifestations of the fear of shame that is a negative quality of a Type 3.

During the time I was still with my then boyfriend (now my husband), he would always tell me that I am emotionally constipated. At first, I would always tell myself maybe it's because this was the way we were brought up. Not much display of feelings and emotions at home. It was not easy for me to say I love you, because we never got used to that. Good thing I gradually found it easy to show my true emotions and say how I feel as we go thru our relationship. Now that we are married and have our child, I vowed to myself that our children should have high EQ, so it would be a struggle to them to show us how they feel. Times are changing, we cannot prevent digital era, thus I want to ensure that my kids will be able to communicate with us parents not only what they need physically, but most of all, emotionally, socially, mentally, and in all other aspects. 

As I go thru this enneagram exercise, it helped me understand who I am and why I am like this today. It got me to appreciate how things are wired in me ever since I was a child. For sure, I will ask my husband to take the same exam so we can appreciate each other better, and know how to manage ourselves to have a good married life. I also have plan to recommend this to my friends who don't have strong HR programs in their corporations so they can manage their team better. 

best regards
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment