Monday, November 2, 2015

MM Leadership - GENOGRAM Sharing by Leader Rachel O. Lopez

Hello Prof. Jorge,
Here is my Genogram and I hope you're having a great day.


1)      Paternal Side
Mostly my relatives on my Father side reside in Batangas, but I haven't been there even once. I only met few, those who had visited and lived with us in Pasig.  Apparently this would be my first introduction to some of them as well.


a)      Martin Lopez – Grandfather. He was from Padre Garcia, Batangas who was born in 1930. I met him once but I couldn't remember how he looks like. I was only four or five years old by then and I wasn't aware that he was my Lolo. He married my Lola "Conchita Quita" in 1950, they were neighbors and both graduated from high school. They had a livestock farming business of chickens, pigs and goats which they traded in Manila.  They also had candy business like peanut brittle, coconut bars and other pastries. These were my father's used to be "pasalubong" to us in 1990's.  They also trade brooms and other local household cleaning materials made from "anahaw".  It seems that they haven't made their businesses big, but they did earned a lot. They were so generous that they didn't mind to spend all their earnings to lots of celebration in the province. My grandfather was a smoker and a drinker and he died last 1993 due to laryngeal cancer.
b)      Conchita Quita Lopez – Grandmother. She was from Padre Garcia, Batangas who was born in 1931. I met her a few times but I couldn't remember if I had the chance to communicate with her. She brought lots of delicacies from their candy and pastry businesses every time she visited us. She used to smoke cigarette in a reverse position, I was both scared and amazed with her glance. She died January 2015 due to laryngeal cancer too.
They were blessed to have eight children.



i)        Juliana Lopez Atienza She  graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Urbano Atienza. They have piggery business for a living. They have three children.

(1)    Mario Atienza He has a degree in Marine Engineering and currently a Seaman.  I met him first when he was just a marine applicant and lived with us. He still visits us every now and then.
(2)    Rusty Atienza He has a degree in Computer Engineering but he pursued a piggery business as career instead. He was one of the few that I met when he lived with us during his twenties.
(3)    Richard Atienza He has a degree in Criminology but like his brother, he pursued a piggery business as career instead.

ii)      Ireneo Lopez He  graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Aurora Aguilar. They have five children. I haven't met them and so with their children.
(1)    Honario Lopez He has a degree in Engineering from Technological Institute of the Philippines.
(2)    Concepcion Lopez She was a high school graduate from Batangas.
(3)    Myrna Lopez She is a high school graduate from Batangas.
(4)    Fernando Lopez He is a high school graduate from Batangas.
(5)    Irene Lopez She has a degree in Education and currently a Teacher in Batangas.

iii)    Sotero Lopez He was graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Julieta Munlawin. They have four children. He used to visit us and we never missed to have a conversation. I talked to him longer than I usually have with my father during my younger years.

(1)    Eva Lopez She has a degree in Computer Science and acted bread winner to her family. She used to travel from different countries. I met her when she stayed on our home before her flight. She is now a businesswoman with a Sari-sari store in Batangas.
(2)    Jimmy Lopez He has a degree in Automotive and reside also in Batangas
(3)    Ruel Lopez He was graduated from high school in Batangas.
(4)    John Lopez He is on his fourth year in college taking up BS Agriculture.

iv)    Rolando Lopez My father has a Bachelor Degree in Criminology and one of the two among their siblings who were able to finish from college. He was assigned in Warrant Division of Manila Police Department (formerly Western Police District) and now a retired Special Police Officer 4. He didn't force himself to rank because he didn't want to be involved in a larger team, unlike his peers who became Commissioned officers. When he was younger he dreamt of having a successful family that's why he strived to have a college degree. Unfortunately he was so hooked up with his vice of cockfighting and  up to now. He was generous though but my mother couldn't rely to him on family financial needs. I am the middle child among five siblings. It will be hard to deny that I'm his daughter in terms of appearance, but we clashed the most.

(1)    Reginald Lopez He has a degree in BS Criminology from Araullo University in Nueva Ecija. He lived with my grandparents ever since he was born. My mom couldn't decline her parents' request to let them took care of him because all their children had their own family already. Due to health concern, he wasn't able to be in public service as Police officer and pursued private office instead. He is married to Michelle Venegas and they have two lovely children namely Pia and Zia.  They reside in Nueva Ecija.
(2)    Rienna Lopez She was the typical college vagabond from Adamson University who spent most of her time with friends than school. She only reached first year in college. I remembered how my mom cried and forced her to return to school but she refused. She was earning enough on her modeling job where she travelled in and out of the countries back then. She is a multilingual who could speak with Korean and Japanese too. She met her husband Anthony Ahn who is a Korean businessman on one of her modeling job in Cebu.  A year after, they got married in 2008 and reside in Cebu where they manage their own business "Spavelous Massage Therapy".
(3)    Rachel Lopez I have a degree in BS Electronics in Communications Engineering, I was a Dean's lister and a little less of being a cum laude from Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I am employed in a semiconductor company which is MTI Advanced Test Development Corp. as Test Engineer. I had a role as a Test Lead for new product development and sustain released products of 16-bit microcontroller integrated circuits.
(4)    Rodney Lopez He has a degree in BS Hotel and Restaurant Management from Arellano University in Pasig. He used to work in Shangrila Hotel but currently he wanted to become a Police officer and just took the exam recently.
(5)    Rosette Lopez Just like my brother, she has a degree in BS Hotel and Restaurant Management from Arellano University in Pasig. She is employed as bank teller in Metrobank. We loved to take selfie pictures and people said it was like mirroring with each other.

v)      Gregorio Lopez He was graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Jocelyn Abacilla. They have eight children. I haven't met them and so with their children.

(1)    Roy Lopez He has a degree in Computer Technology.
(2)    Lorena Lopez She finished a two year course in Computer Programming.
(3)    Cris Ann Lopez She has a degree in Computer Programming.
(4)    Regilyn Lopez She finished vocational course.
(5)    Jay Lopez He has a degree in Food Technology.
(6)    Mac John Lopez He has a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
(7)    Nathaniel Lopez He has a Bachelor Degree in Marine Engineering.
(8)    Jerome Lopez He is on his fourth year in high school.

vi)    Justina Lopez Comia Aside from my father, she's one among their siblings who were able to finish from college. She has a degree in Midwifery but she chose to become a plain housewife. She's married to Aquilino Comia who is now a retired Policeman. They have six children. I haven't met them and so with their children.

(1)    Kenneth Comia He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and currently employed in Toyota Corporation.
(2)    Jacqueline Comia She has a degree in Nursing and currently employed as Nurse in one of the hospital in Batangas.
(3)    Myla Comia She finished a vocational course.
(4)    Jean Comia She has a degree in Education and currently a Teacher in Batangas.
(5)    Jasmin Comia She is on her second year in college taking up BS Computer Engineering.
(6)    Kim Comia He is on his second year in college taking up BS Criminology.

vii)  Antonio Lopez He  graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Andrea Adriano. They have five children. I met him when he used to be the driver of our public transport jeepney.

(1)    Nancy Lopez She is still in high school.
(2)    Rizza Lopez She is still in high school.
(3)    Fidel Lopez He is still in high school.
(4)    Jestoni Lopez He is still in high school.
(5)    Marco Lopez He is still in high school.

viii)Vivencio Lopez He was graduated from high school in Batangas and married to Josephine Constantino. They have two children. I haven't met them and so with their children.

(1)    Kimberly Lopez She has a degree in Midwifery and employed as Midwife.
(2)    Princess Lopez She has a degree in BS Education and currently a Teacher in Batangas.


2)      Maternal Side
When I was young, I used to live with my grandparents in Fort Magsaysay, Nueva Ecija. This is a military camp where armies reside after Fort Bonifacio, Taguig has been privatized. This is also where the white house that late Ninoy Aquino was imprisoned. The house was painted all white because they said a person could go crazy if he/she couldn't see any other colors.  I met my mother's siblings and all my cousins since I lived there for 11 years, I could bond with them anytime. I found this place not the typical view of a province, houses are big and cars everywhere. Though my grandparents already died, I still never missed to go there especially when there are occasions.


a)      Cresenciano Obispo – Grandfather. He was from Tugegarao, Cagayan who was born in 1920 but opt to reside in Nueva Ecija when he started his own family. It was when the Japanese outpost in the Philippines when he got married with my grandparent Sofia Moran Furigay.  I called my grandparents "Nanay" and "Tatay". My Nanay's brothers like my Tatay so much because he was the toughest on their area and contrary to her sisters who were afraid of him. Funny story that they got married because he accidentally or maybe purposely held my Nanay's hand. They were in the park when it happened and during Japanese era, you ought to married the girl with that act. He was a military and assigned in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig but he didn't like the environment so he decided to move to another camp in Fort Magsaysay, Nueva Ecija. My mom said he was strict and used force to discipline his children. He changed when he became a Born Again Christian and he brought everyone in the family except his eldest child. He died last 2013 at the age of 93 and I'll always remember how he made me laugh.
b)      Sofia Moran Furigay Obispo – Grandmother. She was from Tugegarao, Cagayan who was born in 1927. She was only fourteen when she got married to Tatay. I found her really beautiful, added the factor that she was a half-blooded Filipina father side and Spanish mother side. Practically joking, then I had an eighth or half a quarter of Spanish blood. My Tatay strongly believed that depends on the gender of his children, girls could go elementary school and that's enough, while boys should finish from high school because they will be the one who'll raise a family. But my Nanay didn't agree with that, she firmly believed with the intellect of their children and prioritized their education. As housewife, she managed a sari-sari store to include in their financial budget. She was a good cook; I loved her "menudo" and "sopas" very much. She was so endearing and she walked around our village just to boast how proud she was with her children and grand children. She died last 2003 with brain tumor that she got from a head accident in the past. It was a shocked and so painful to everyone and she was greatly missed.
They were blessed to have eight children.

i)        Ben Obispo He is a retired military from Nueva Ecija and married to Remedios Donato (+). He lived nearby my grandparent's house. He also has the fondness in cockfighting and some of my father's rooster came from him. They also had livestock business of duck too. They have four children.

(1)    Reden Obispo He has a degree in BS Electrical Engineering and currently a supervisor in a construction company in Canada.  He used to live with us when he worked in Manila. I remembered he always has dunkin donut "pasalubong" to us.
(2)    Freddie Obispo He has a degree in BS Mechanical Engineering but he pursued military instead. He is in Philippine Army and was assigned in Tarlac but his family is still in Nueva Ecija. He lived with us when he worked in Manila.
(3)    Helen Joy Obispo Gavino She has a degree in BS Accountancy and currently branch head in ACDI Multipurpose Cooperative in Nueva Ecija. She's the only one who didn't live with us among her siblings.
(4)    Jeff Obispo He has a degree in BS Electronics and Communications Engineering. We were together during our PRC board exam review; unfortunately he got a conditional result. He worked at Sensor and Imaging Philippines in Cavite as Production Supervisor.

ii)      Rosalia Obispo Pacleb She has a degree in BS Education and married to Donato Pacleb (+). Her late husband was a Pastor and she has the same profession too in Zamboanga. She was strict and very protective to her six children.

(1)    Dennis Pacleb He finished a two-year vocational course in Auto Mechanics. He used to live with us when he worked in Manila. He manages now his garments business in Taguig together with his wife.
(2)    Marlowe Pacleb He has a degree in BS Accountancy from Siliman University but he pursued military instead. He used to live with us when he worked in Manila.  He and his wife are Philippine Army officers assigned in Nueva Ecija.
(3)    Masheil Pacleb She has a degree in BS Accountancy but she changed her career as Police officer assigned in Camp Crame. She used to live with us also when she worked in Manila as Accountant.  She's the tallest among us girl's cousins with a height of 6 feet.
(4)    Derryl Pacleb He has a degree in BS Accountancy but he pursued military instead. He used to live with us when he worked in Manila.  He is a Philippine Army officer based in Zambales where he met his wife.
(5)    Mayville Pacleb Baltazar (+) She has a degree in BS Education but she died young at the age of 29 due to brain tumor. I lived together with her in Nueva Ecija during my younger years. She has lots of stories to tell mostly about her relationship. Because of her, at an early age I get excited with the idea of being in love too.
(6)    May Gay Pacleb Initially she took up BS Mechanical Engineering but after a year she pursued BS Nursing instead. She is now a Nurse in Saudi Arabia. Together with Mayville, I lived with her in Nueva Ecija. I knew her as being generous because she even gave her "baon" to her sister and she could eat anything.

iii)    Justo Obispo (+) He was a retired military from Nueva Ecija and married to Carmelita Villanueva. He eventually became a Pastor. Aside from my mother, they said he was the favorite child of my grandparents. My younger brother lived with them during his younger years and they treated him as their youngest child. We had same birth date, and I always received a gift from him. When he was around, I ran, because he always cuddled me. Among her siblings, he always said the he loved my mother the most. His family felt the same way too with my mother; for them she's the best sister and Tita. He died young at the age of 46 due to liver cancer. They have four children.

(1)    Sheryl Obispo Reduque She has a degree in BS Nursing and her family together with her mother migrated already in San Diego, California where she worked as Nurse. She also lived with us in Pasig when she had a job in Manila.
(2)    Marjorie Obispo Hernal She has a degree in BS Industrial Engineering and she worked in and out the country. She worked in Laguna, then Korea and currently she is India but her family resides in Laguna. She used to live with us when she worked in Manila.
(3)    Glen Obispo He has a degree in BS Accountancy. He lived with his family in their ancestral house in Nueva Ecija. He also lived with us when he had a work in Manila.
(4)    Liezl Obispo She has a degree in BS Nursing and she is a Nurse in one of the hospital in Nueva Ecija. Probably soon she'll be in San Diego, California too.  She's close to my elder sister.

iv)    Estrellita Lopez My mother has a degree in BS Accountancy and I guess the most loved of the Obispo clan.  She was supposed to be Magna Cum laude from college but she missed one subject. She was an Accountant in Aris Philippines Inc. where she met eventually my father. She gave financial support to her parents and helped her siblings on their education. She used to say that we need to study hard because as we grew old we are the only one responsible for ourselves. We could give her financial support but we were not accountable for the education of our siblings. She was thrifty to her selves but generous to others. She's so hospitable because when someone wanted to work in Manila, they could stay in our house without expectations. She didn't rely financially on my father and she managed to send us all in college. My parents weren't showy on their affection to each other but with their gestures we could see how much they cared.

(1)    Reginald Lopez He has a degree in BS Criminology from Araullo University in Nueva Ecija. He lived with my grandparents ever since he was born. My mom couldn't decline her parents' request to let them took care of him because all their children had their own family already. Due to health concern, he wasn't able to be in public service as Police officer and pursued private office instead. He is married to Michelle Venegas and they have two lovely children namely Pia and Zia.  They reside in Nueva Ecija.
(2)    Rienna Lopez She was the typical college vagabond from Adamson University who spent most of her time with friends than school. She only reached first year in college. I remembered how my mom cried and forced her to return to school but she refused. She was earning enough on her modeling job where she travelled in and out of the countries back then. She is a multilingual who could speak with Korean and Japanese too. She met her husband Anthony Ahn who is a Korean businessman on one of her modeling job in Cebu.  A year after, they got married in 2008 and reside in Cebu where they manage their own business "Spavelous Massage Therapy".
(3)    Rachel Lopez I have a degree in BS Electronics in Communications Engineering, I was a Dean's lister and a little less of being a cum laude from Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I am employed in a semiconductor company which is MTI Advanced Test Development Corp. as Test Engineer. I had a role as a Test Lead for new product development and sustain released products of 16-bit microcontroller integrated circuits.
(4)    Rodney Lopez He has a degree in BS Hotel and Restaurant Management from Arellano University in Pasig. He used to work in Shangrila Hotel but currently he wanted to become a Police officer and just took the exam recently.
(5)    Rosette Lopez Just like my brother, she has a degree in BS Hotel and Restaurant Management from Arellano University in Pasig. She is employed as bank teller in Metrobank. We loved to take selfie pictures and people said it was like mirroring with each other.

v)      Eris Obispo Francisco She has a degree in BS Accountancy and as they said she's the most intelligent among their siblings.  She was Suma Cum laude from Araullo University and finished MBA in University of the Philippines with honor. My mother helped her financially during her CPA review. A year after she got married with Boy Francisco and unable to helped her siblings financially on their education at that time. They have two children. She is a retired Accountant who worked in various banks in Bulacan as General Manager. I was inspired on how she accomplished everything. There was a time when we visited her and she said to my mother if I wanted to be with them in Bulacan. If I stayed there, she would take care of my financial needs to college but my mother declined.

(1)    Kathryn Francisco Santos She has a degree in BS Industrial Engineering from University of the Philippines. She worked in various private offices but before she became a Branch Manager she pursued business instead. Together with her husband, they had "pasalubong" food business in Baliuag, Bulacan. They earned a lot compared to being employed as she said.
(2)    Ryan Francisco He has a degree in BS Economics from University of the Philippines. He worked in PS Bank and Maersk Global before he decided to migrate in Winnipeg, Canada with his family. He works now in New Flyer Industries.

vi)    Edgar Obispo He has a degree in BS Civil Engineering and the only one who didn't go to military among the male siblings. He loves to joke and has the most sensible humor. He works in City Engineer's office in San Carlos, Pangasinan. He is married to Nida Mondares who is my only godparent and they have four children.

(1)    Ian Obispo He has a degree in BS Architecture and worked before in Qatar. He is currently in Pangasinan together with his family.
(2)    Erich Obispo He has a degree in BS Civil Engineering and works now in Al Ain, UAE. He met her wife there. He inherited his father's sense of humor which made him likable to girls, we even cousins had a crush on him when we were young.
(3)    Eira Obispo She has a degree in BS Dentistry. She worked as a Dentist in UAE for two years before she decided to pursue her career here in San Carlos, Pangasinan.
(4)    Eiverlyn Obispo Fernandez She has a degree in BS Nursing and she is a former Nurse in Pangasinan Provincial Hospital. She got married in 2013 and migrated to San Francisco, California with his husband. When she was young she was invited to join the Philippine showbiz but his father declined. She's only 5'2 in height but it didn't limit her to win various beauty pageants.

vii)  Lorna Obispo Pablo She has a degree in BS Accountancy and she lived with my mother during her CPA review. My mother supported her twice yet she didn't make it. She couldn't find a job with her current status so she decided to take up another course which my mother supported again. But still she couldn't find a job, so there eldest sister Rosita Obispo Pacleb suggested to brought her to Zamboanga instead. There she met her husband Jorly Pacleb who is a military. They started their family in Taguig but eventually decided to live with my Nanay and Tatay in Nueva Ecija. They have seven children who I had the chance to live with when I was young.

(1)    Allan Pablo He has a degree in BS Accountancy and graduated Cum laude from Araullo University. He is CPA as profession and currently employed in Deutsche Bank in Taguig. We are about the same age, and that's why our relatives made a healthy competition between us in terms of career, but we're close.
(2)    Eunice Pablo She has a degree in BS Nursing and Cum laude from NEUST. She worked as Nurse and Professor when she was in Nueva Ecija. She pursued her profession in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as Head Nurse.
(3)    Aldrin Pablo He has a degree in Marine Transportation from Midway Maritime Foundation. He is now a Seaman but pursuing to become a Marine Deck Officer.
(4)    Micah Pablo She has a degree in BS Accountancy and graduated Cum laude from Araullo University. She is CPA as profession and currently employed as Associate Advisory in SGV & Co.
(5)    Sarah Pablo She has a degree in BS Accountancy and a little less of being Cum laude too from Araullo University. She is also CPA as profession and currently employed as Associate Advisory in SGV & Co.
(6)    Jireh Pablo She is on her second year in college taking up BS Med Tech in Wesleyan University. She does well in her school and she wanted to become a doctor.
(7)    James Pablo He is still in high school. He wanted to become a CPA too.

viii) Juvy Obispo Handreack She has a degree in BS Civil Engineering. She worked in Development Bank of the Philippines for 3 months before she flew to Germany. She met her German husband Franz Handreack there. They have a son. Being the youngest among their siblings, she inherited my grand parents' house in Nueva Ecija. In 2005 their family decided to live in Nueva Ecija for good.

(1)    Melvin Handreack He has a degree in Marine Transportation from Midway Maritime Foundation. He could speak German, English and Filipino and has fascination with animation.  


What is the new learning? What is the relation to what I already know? What have I done, am doing, will be doing for this topic?
This Genogram serves as a tool to evaluate myself through the relationships of my family. This built my emotional makeup, the values I have, what's importance and what I wanted to become. The significance of having formal education to broaden our horizon and views was instilled by my parents. My father valued education despite his family unawareness to the significance of it. Just like my Nanay Sofia, my mother firmly believed with our potentials and she managed to bring us all to college. My parents didn't have enough back then, but they taught me the importance of perseverance and endurance, that I could do anything as long as I put my heart into it.

Most of my relatives lived with us before which only shows how hospitable my parents were. They helped them without any expectations. I saw how genuine they were to assist those in need. The empathy I have towards people somehow rooted by them. They were loved by their relatives and I wanted to have that same endearment.

I haven't seen my parents being affectionate to each other which probably why I'm not that emotional. There gestures show how they cared for each other though. They gave presence on special occasions which made us excited especially during birthdays. We could never missed sibling's birthday and a gift is a must too. It's the reason why I valued birthdays of those people I cared and it's only one event in a year that I'm really sentimental. With our deeds alone, people around us could see the concerns we have for them.

I lived in Nueva Ecija when I was young and I was stubborn. I said I would only listen to my parents but they were not around.  But my Tatay Cresenciano was a disciplinarian though sometimes he used force to restraint my attitude, while my Nanay Sofia would rescue and consoled me. I realized that in every wrong doing, there would be a certain punishment. But also every time I needed help, there would be someone who would not hesitate to lend a hand. With them I learned to act, behave and respect the rule. They taught me that what I do would definitely make an impact to other so better be a good influence.

I could not remove the fact that my relatives were Leader on their own rights. The way they inspired those around them would be their key to Leadership. As to Jesuit approach to Leadership by Chris Lowney:

·         We are all leaders and we are leading all the time, well or poorly.
A leader seizes all the available opportunities to influence people, it might be good or bad but it would definitely make an impact.

·         Leadership springs from within. It is about who I am as much as what I do.
With our continuous self-reflection, our personal vision would come to fruition. We could communicate our vision on how it was reflected on our daily life.

·         Leadership is not an act; it is a life – a way of living.
Change is inevitable but if we know what we value and what we want to achieve, then it will be easy for us to proceed confidently to our new environment.

·         I never complete the task of becoming a leader. It is an ongoing process.
Our leadership journey would be continues learning of ourselves and what we could offer to the world. We should seize all the opportunities and make the best out of it. The people around might influenced us, but we must look forward to the new discoveries and interests that would make us a better leader.

Regards,
Leader Rachel Lopez  Good 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment